problem! please help

ok i was trying to install switches on my computer and when i got it all working when i hooked it up and started running it didnt identify any of my drives does anyone know why? i how someone knows of there was a ploblem with the cable that goes from the hard drive tp the motherboard would it cause because i think their is a problem with it the wires are coming loose at the end please help bye.  :(

Does the HD LED come on?

Does your BIOS show the drives?

What error exactly do you get during boot?

Is the power cable for the HDs the same one you used for the switches?

What exactly did you do with the wiring?

did you make sure you didnt like bash the hearddrive with a screwdriver while you were working on it? what your wattage? how bigs your power supply, and are all of your connections fine? tried other drives? tried other IDE cables? tried another power supply? go through the checklist and you might be able to figure it out

ok i fixed the problem i just unhooked everything and hooked everything back up now i need to know what needs to be a slave and what needs to be a master ive got a wd 40g harddrive a plextor cdr and a creative 52x cd rom and i need need to know how to hook them up? thanks for all the help

I'd put the HD as Primary Master

Then I'd chain the burner and cd drive.... Put the CD as  secondary master (if you use it more often) and the burner as secondary slave