Sign in to follow this  
Vic Mackey

Sleeving My Psu Cords

Hello. Well im gonna try to sleeve my PSU cords and I practiced removing the molex connectors with the remover that I bought from frozencpu.com. but sometimes when I remove the connectors they dont quite fit correctly when I plug them back in. They are loose and sometimes they wont stay in the connector at all. What am I doing wrong?

yeah, you need to bend the clips back out, but be careful not to bend them too much, as it will cause them to break and then you'll really be in trouble :(

lol. ah ive had my share of broken pins. its the biggest hassle in the world. for the female connectors removal isnt that big of a deal, but if you wanna take the male one out (with a female remover) then just make sure u bend the pins in> sleep the wire> push them back out.

doing that once wont hurt anything

do what general said, but remember only once, 2 times could make em snap off which would be a real pain

to bend them out saftely, what you shold do is, get a knife/exacto, slide it into the slot where the tabs are, and slowly bend the tabs back out, that way you have more control