Thermaltake Tsunami

I did a search here on this case and I found some mentions of it in a few threads, but didn't find too much discussion on it. So, I thought I would consolidate things into one thread and get opinions.

I currently have the Aspire X-Dreamer II with 6 case fans. The inside of my case is nice and cool due to proper airflow. On the way back from QuakeCon, my case fell out of the cab. :angry: The chassis is slightly bent and the doors don't fit right, not to mention the dents and scratches it now has.

So, in looking for a new case, I came across the Tt Tsunami. I really like the way it looks and the way it's laid out, and the price isn't that bad (for a Thermaltake case, that is). I'm looking at the silver windowed model.

My question is, how is the overall airflow? I'm used to the high airflow of my 6 fans that keeps everything nice and cool, and the Tsunami only has 3 fans. Granted, the front and rear fans are 120mm, but as we all know, front fans can be useless unless they can draw a good amount of air from vents in the front of the case.

I'm figuring the fans that come with the case aren't the best in the world, so I already have better fans picked out. Does anyone have this case, and if so, what are your opinions about it? What are your temps like? I know that everyone's hardware is different, but I'm just looking for a ballpark...

Thanks! B)

Its a great case! :P

I am very very very strongly considering getting it.. very very very soon

The airflow is great, like 120mm intake and exhaust and a 90mm on the window? that is just amazing! You just may want to cut out the punched out grill in the back and replace it with some reall grills.

The case is very moddible! I was going to put some carbon fiber film on the front door for example,

CFcloseupwb2.jpg

CFquarterwb.jpg

CFbezelwb.jpg

available here, http://www.mnpctech.com/CarbonFiber.html if you are interested in it too

If you really want some serious persuasion, I suggest typing "Thermaltake Tsunamie review" or something similar into google, you shall recieve many many great reviews!

Anyways, I highly recommend this case :P

this is the exact case i am after i have read many reviews and it is rated one of the best in its class the cooling is meant to be very good, but at the moment the only supplier i have found with this case actually in stock is xcase and they are ripping you off selling it at over 110 pounds i have actually found it for 75ish

Even I spent $200 on a XaserIII case and I want the Tsunami Dream. The Tsunami Dream is a bargain to me if cools as well as the XaserIII and it looks better to boot. It really seems like a well-rounded case with plenty of bays and good stock fans. I could even use my 92mm LED fan on the side panel and buy another one for the heatsink.

I tried calling Thermaltake yesterday as I had a question about the fans that come with the case. It doens't say whether they are the Smart Fans or just standard fans. If and when I order this case, I'll just get three fans of my choosing. I'll stick with blue as the rear fan, but I think I'll go with a red LED fan for the front. And, since the surfaces are so highly reflective, I just might stick with a standard 92mm fan for the window.

I took Roadkill's suggestion and Googled this case. So far, all of the reviews that I've read seem to be positive with only minor complaints. The only thing about this case that may bother me is that the power switch, power LED and HDD LEDs are inside the door. I'm used to looking at them so I may have to rig something up. Or, I can get over it and just live without them... :P

The first thing I'll do is remove the mesh from the front and rear of the case, as that will provide better overall airflow. It made a huge difference in my current case and it wasn't difficult to do.

Well, I bet they are not the smart fans, I bet they are the DC series fans that run about 75cfm. If they are the smart fans, they probably come with the pins connected so that they run at full rpm pushing about 95cfm.

I think they are the standard DC fans. Some reviews have said that they do a good job in keeping the case cool. I'm in the process of picking some fans for this case, as I've never really liked Tt fans. I don't mind the whoosh noise that fans make, but I can't stand the high-pitched whine that Tt fans are known to make at full blast.

I think I'm going with an Aspire 120mm (red) for the front, and a Panaflo 92mm for the window. I'm having trouble picking a good 120mm blue LED fan for the rear.... from what I've read the Tt blue Smart Fan doesn't make a racket and it comes with a fan controller...

I dont like then that much IMO, i think the wavemaster is way better looking, i do like the mirror coating on the door tho...

Personally i am quiting the whole "LED/Window" look its getting kinda tacky...

So my next case is gonna be

Lain Li V1000

Lain Li V1200

Coolermaster Wavemaster

Maybe that case (windowless)

I kind of disagree with you there p8, but its all opinions. I like having windows because it gives you the freedom add another side fan in like 10 minutes. I dont like going through the hole process of taping off metal, and it takes a lot longer to cut :( . I think the only reason that the TT tsunami wins for me is because it has the 120mm fans. I am trying to keep my system quieter than its been, and been switching out 80mm's for 120mm's. And with teh tsunami, it already comes in there :-P