Ocing My Video Card

aarone

I have a radeon 9100 with omega drivers.

If i start bumping up the voltage and mem voltage should i get one of those fancy heat pipes for a vga chipset?

Well generally no and yes it all depends on how far you go. eventually your start getting artifacts and "snow" and that basicly means that heat is a problem for you now. so it all depends on how far you go, but better cooling is never a bad thing.

Ya you can do but im pretty sure that, that is the max speed without a load on it. so if were to put it on that high oc and play a game it would most likely just freeze up on you.

I would recommend that you just start upping the core or memory at once or at the same time. Up them a little and go run like 3dmark03 or you could just play a demanding game for a few. and if you dont see any artifacts than go ahead and raise it some more. Take your time its never a good idea to OC in a hurry.

Once you start to see artifacts just lower it down a notch untill there gone. and there you go you will of succesfully OC'ed your card, and now run some benchmarks and see the improvement.