9800xt Problems

Hailstorm

All right. Is it normal for me to have a primary and secondary listings for my Vid card? The machine says I have two of them. Am I missing something? Would this cause poor performance?

Yes. I have them too. if i recall right, its because the drivers are emulating a PCI mode video card for old programs. correct me if i am wrong, but you will always see two in there.

EDIT

ok, my new 6800gt shows one, but my 9800 pro i jsut took out had two.

OK, Well I just went back to 4.7 for cat. Before I must have messed it up. I uninstalled the drivers first and now I am using ATITOOL and its overclocking well. Before I was only able to go to 420. Its still going up and its at 460 :D

Ok, 466 right now.

Thanks for the info on the secondary. I was wondering if it was right or not.You have eased my mind

Current setting 470.57 for clock and 381.86 for memory. Man,that alot better than 420 clock. :P

It lists two video cards, one for each output (VGA and DVI) I beleive. :)

BTW, nice clock on the XT-is that on air? I hope your not on stock cooling, cause if you are she is gonna blow! :ph34r:

It lists two video cards, one for each output (VGA and DVI) I beleive. :)

BTW, nice clock on the XT-is that on air? I hope your not on stock cooling, cause if you are she is gonna blow! :ph34r:

ya really you better not be on stock cooling otherwise im ganna have to :smack::smack::smack::smack:

Arctic cooler is being used :P I thought everyone would look at my SIG line. I just loaded up the 4.9 betas. Gonna try it now on CSS

83.74 is current score with the Beta 4.9's. Its supposed to be for the Doom3 game. but hey why not try.