Is This A Good Server?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more work the cpu does, the hotter it gets ('under load' sound familiar here?). those shuttle cases have HORRIBLE cooling. so when the cpu heats up from more of a 'load' it heats up the rest of the case. in the end the case heats way up.

this is why you'll see servers where the airflow is ducted from the front, over the cpus, and out the back.

the more work the cpu does, the hotter it gets ('under load' sound familiar here?). those shuttle cases have HORRIBLE cooling. so when the cpu heats up from more of a 'load' it heats up the rest of the case. in the end the case heats way up.this is why you'll see servers where the airflow is ducted from the front, over the cpus, and out the back.

:withstupid:

Why do you think servers come in large racks with lots of air going through them (in air conditioned rooms)?

So yeah, that shuttle would get pretty hot.. do as red suggested and just grab an xp-m and some ram and a mobo (DFI is nice), stick it in an airy case with a few quiet fans and run it at stock or something.

MAN! thatll be SO cool to have all a/c room! LOL Hmmmm.... I mean my server that i hosted made ppl lag.. Is it because of My cmputer or the connectioon? If computer what should i add? RAM? CPU? Thanks!

Hmmm..... does any1 wanna donate me a case? LOL.. PM me ty. Man that'll be so awesome! I need to save up. Wish i had more $$.....

it all depens on you net connection like i said any pc with 2ghz 512mb ram will make good servers but only if you have a good connection i have 1.0mps downstream and 512k upstream and thats nay good for a server like 8man max so yes you pc will make a server but not if you have some crappy residential broadband forget it rent a server.

Edited by dean25

if you are thinking of putting $250 into a new system, might as well save the $$ and rent for as long as needed. Unless you are uber rich, or something :-P Also go to like dslreports.com or pcpitstop.com and check your internet connection (upload). Because you could be throwing a lot of money in something that your connection wont allow.