P4 30cap

Hey has anyone recieved a p4 3.0 northwood 30 cap recently? if so what company did u purchase it from and whats the info on the box such as the stepping? Thanks. Also if u know of a company that lets u choose steppings or is able to check the chips prior to purchase (not likely but thought i might ask)please tell me.

Bought my P4 3.0C D1 Stepping SL6WK from PCSupply Source.com upon request of that certain Stepping. Runs @ 1.475V... Supposed to be great overclockers but i had no success with mine. I had troubles keeping it stable @ 3.3Ghz @ load. Temps are great, just as with all Northwood chips.

PC SupplySource seems to be a really good company b/c they let u request stepping. also when i have called them they were very polite and nice people that were easy to talk to. Only thing is they dont seem to list on their website when a product is backordered. i am not sure if upon an order they will send u an email telling u its backordered or not but they for sure dont list on there website. I do recommend them though. they are nice people just make sure u call and make sure the product is in when placing an order.

They kept me up to date with e-mails on everything. I had recieved my 3.0 in a week... I had first asked for a 2.8C MO Stepping but they sent me an e-mail saying they were out. I went ahead and spent the extra 25 or so bucks and got the 3.0c.

i have heard only guaranteed way of finding 30 cap is by asking for the m0 not D1 and requesting the SL7BK stepping. im not personally sure on how accurate that is but thats what i was shooting for untill i got tired of calling 500 companies and asking them if they match steppings (99% were like stepping? lol) so i just went i ahead and got one from newegg now i got my fingers crossed.