Evga Vs Bfg

Shaine11

The BFG has been highly rated by very reputable reviewers, such as HardOCP. It is fully warranteed, and oc'd out of the box. If I had the money, I would go BFG. Actually I would probably go BFG 6800 GT OC.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BFG has been highly rated by very reputable reviewers, such as HardOCP. It is fully warranteed, and oc'd out of the box. If I had the money, I would go BFG. Actually I would probably go BFG 6800 GT OC.

Aye, the October Issue of PC Gamer gave it a 92%, but said that although the percentage is lower than what they gave the x800xt a couple of months ago, they'd definitely recommend the BFG over it, or over any card. AS DEC said, it's warrantied for life, so you can OC it to death if you so desire.

I'm definately sold on BFG cards. Like ClayMeow and Dec said, it's under warranty for life.

I've had to replace one (it was killed by a cheap PSU), and they asked no questions other than "whats the numbers on the card" and "what's your address". I got an RMA number, sent the thing in, and 4 days later I had a new card - exact same model as the one I sent in.

I'm sold. Lifetime warranty is awesome.

[edit] oh yeah - and although it's not the best model around, it does very well for the price I paid!

Edited by cybergrunt69

I've had to replace one (it was killed by a cheap PSU),

o yeah, that's one thing that should be mentioned. There was a great deal of hoopla over the 6800's requiring a 500w psu. Well nvidia has since stated that they were just being cautious and were too conservative, saying it only requires a 350w now. HOWEVER, BFG recommends (i can't remember if its 450 or 500w) for their OC cards, just fyi. Seeing as you're building a new system, you're probably going for a 450 or greater anyways...but for people keeping lower psu's, you may be better off just sticking with a non-bfg like the evga's.

Yea i ordered a 520w Vantec Stealth. Wiered thing is i heard awsome reviews by websites and newegg customers but i have heard some people on the forums saying they have bad rails so i dont know but my system comes in friday :)

p4 3.0c (3.7 hopefully)

Asus p4c800-E Delux

92mm Tornado

sp94

2x512 OCZ PC4000 Gold

BFG 6800 Ultra

520w Vantec Stealth

LG 4120b dvd/cd/burner

16x Toshiba dvd

Xaser III v2000a 7 fan case

Grand Total of about = $2000... Cheaper if my friend can get me the 6800 for cheap tomorrow. (hook up) :)

Using my Audigy 2 zs and 19" Dell monitor i already have.

I hope im happy with this set up and everything goes well being that i will be stuck with it for at least 2 yrs.

Edited by Shaine11

ive got a regular bfg 6800 OC and i love it. i wish i could have affored the 6800 GTOC but i diddnet have 400 bucks. great card with a lifetime warrenty it cant get better! :lol:

by the way does anyone know how well this card OC's? i got 8200 in 3dmark 03 at stock speeds. is that good for my setup?

Edited by lesterruckfort

i have the bfg gt oc and i would have to say its as good or better then any other 6800 u i am o/ced to 425/555 and i am getting 12k in 3dmark 03 i had the leadtek and i couldnt get it over 400/550 . i think the bfg 6800gt oc is the best card out there for the money the ultra is only a small improvment but the gt can b clocked equil to it or higher

i am pretty sure no one else here can say they had a chance to try more then 1 card at least between the leadtek and the bfg i know the winner