Washin Your Car?

AMD_Wannabe

I am a geek first and a car junkie second

I was wondering what waxes you all you on your cars? Or how you detail them.

Personally I go all out

First i do a wash with dish washing detergent instead of car soap, it cleans up a lot better and gets off old wax

every 6 months, afet i dry it, i i do a rubbing compound them polishing compound to get out the swirls and minor scratches, this leaves my paint real smooth

every 3 months i do the mothers clay bar system, you wouldn't believe how much it picks up off the car, the paint is so smooth it's unreal

after thatr i use a cleaner war, now im using the turtle wax ultra gloss, its freakin awsome, the paint is incredibly reflective and insanely smooth, it looks brand new and is a 97 bonneville

i use a high speed buffer on the wax, but use good ol' fashion elbow grease on everything else, it takes a good chunk of the day to do, but the results are amazing

I wash with meguiars NXT Car wash (dish washing soap strips off your wax hence no protection) , I dry with a waffle weave microfiber towel, clay with autopia clay about every 2 months, I get rid of swirl marks with meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish (#83 in the pro line) followed by Meguiars Swirl free polish (#81 in the pro line) using a Portal Cable buffer, I seal the paint with Poorboys EX, and top that with P21S wax after 24 hrs. Check out autopia.org sometime for alot of good advice about this stuff.

if it's all dried on nasty crud... start with a snow shovel to get the big chunks off. then high powered hot water.

if it's still kinda squishy stuff on the truck, find deep water that's not all muddy :)

I used to work at a car wash so I learned lots of little tips and tricks to get a car to look it's best, but the only time I ever wash my car myself is in the summer when it is really hot and I have lots of free time on my hands lol.

Well some car soap just need a rinse not spray. Read it first. But if you are using regualr soap... try to push down the soap off the car. Cuz some soap just stick there. O ya dont use dishwashing sop. I know its better but it mite ruin your car finsih.(if u care about it) Because some cars come with a manufacurer protective coat which is the best coat ever... Also if sap get on your car. Use heaidryer =] as for wax. i jsut use liquid wax. not as well as the paste or thick liquid one.. bu it does the job. Thats it. should be good. =]

BTW i like computer than cars =] hehe

it would be nice to be able to fit IN a car wash that's drive thru... or not have some nut of an employee sceaming at me for using the "dollar" washes around here :( they complained last time I washed off the truck like that...

tomorrow is another day of mudding :) gonna have the top off and burry her in some NASTY stuff! with the rain lately gladwin should be under water in most of the pits.