Prebuilts Computer Bios

Can they be changed, I know taht prebuilts come with a company generic bios so you can't mess things upk really bad, i was wondering if tehre was a way to flash it with a regular bios so i can adjust more than 5 settings

well the mobo is gerneric and i did update the bios but cpu-z doesnt recongnize the update

is there anyway to edit the AGP from windows, I know i used to be able tow tih my ati card but it always reset to x1 i know its capable of x4

Edited by AMD_Wannabe

compaq bought out FIC at one point. they actually have the bios locked to only accept one from compaq. no ifs ands or buts to get around it. I've spent days trying to figure out this same issue, and trashed 7 compaq uwave boards in the process (gave up when I ran out of boards)... even though I was loading the fic az31 bios which is the same board.

Probably boot block related. I did the same thing to a Gateway MSI motherboard that was the exact same as the MSI K7T Pro2 and it killed it.