List Of Bios Flashable Cards

General

Of course I wouldn't consider it without adding some ram sinks first.. I already have a VGA silencer, so the core is alright... tbh, I don't think I am going to bother for a while, at least until games start pushing the card a bit more and I really need it.

A VGA Silencer will work, but if you really want to play it safe I'd suggest using a custom mounted 60 or 70mm copper CPU hsf, which will give you room to mount taller ramsinks. I use 2" tall alluminum ones from a hacked up P2 heatsink on my 9500 and they work great.

The XT suffix on the ATi range means the card is the top notch, best version of that card, on the other hand, the XT suffix on the nvidia range tells you that it's the beat down version, budget cheapy not as good as cards. I thought it was quite sneaker for nvidia to do this, you know, you read reviews of a 9600xt or a 9800xt ati cards, they say the Xt are definatly better, take a gander over at nvidia and just have the 'xt are the best' image in your head. IBM did this long back and its a cheap thing to do (in my opinions of course)

The 9500 is better than the 9600 despite the lower number range, becuase it is a cut down 9700.

Why the heck did i post this? soz i thought i saw someone write someing about XT earlier on lol

i'm thinking about flashing my card to 5950u. I'm a little nervous about it though because I just bought if for $200 and i can't afford another one right now. Can it be flashed back easily? i read the excellent article here www.cluboverclocker.com/guides/5900_Flash_Mod/ but having to flash back with a PCI card? Might be a little over my head at this point. Can you say FEAR FACTOR!!!!

Can't you just reflash it the same way you flashed it? I think i can handle that. Then again, the adreline rush is worth it if it works. Heh Heh

These are the ones I know that are in the high end:

5900XT/5900SE (some cases) - 5950 Ultra

I have one of the earlier 5900se's with the ramsinks and temp probes. Is it possible to flash mine to a 5950U. Normally i would do the research myself, but I'm in class right now : /