List Of Bios Flashable Cards

General

I was just wondering what cards can flash to higher versions of themselves. I dont have much money and i would really like to buy one of the newer more powerfull cards.

These are the ones I know that are in the high end:

5900XT/5900SE (some cases) - 5950 Ultra

5900/5900U - 5950 Ultra

9800 Pro R360 - 9800 XT (one good example is the MSI 9800 Pro)

X800 Pro VIVO - X800 XT-PE

Judging by the PCB layout I would also suspect that the 6800GT can flash to a 6800U using a modded bios, but I'm not sure due to the fact that the 6800U has an additional molex connector.

:withstupid: yep, those are good ones. The 5900xt--->5950U mod is a great one.

Then in the lower-end cards are other flashable cards, though some of them are not guaranteed to work at all. (luck of the draw)

9500 non-pro (WITH the L shaped memory!!!) ---> 9700np/9700pro

9700np or 9800np ----> 9700pro or 9800 pro (this one is pretty much failsafe)

9800se ----->9800np/9800pro (I DON'T recommend this one...doesn't work very often. Plus many 9800se's only have 128-bit memory, and it can't be opened up to 256)

:withstupid: yep, those are good ones. The 5900xt--->5950U mod is a great one.

Then in the lower-end cards are other flashable cards, though some of them are not guaranteed to work at all. (luck of the draw)

9800se ----->9800np/9800pro (I DON'T recommend this one...doesn't work very often. Plus many 9800se's only have 128-bit memory, and it can't be opened up to 256)

Unless it, too, has the L-Shaped mem :)

:withstupid: yep, those are good ones.  The 5900xt--->5950U mod is a great one. 

Then in the lower-end cards are other flashable cards, though some of them are not guaranteed to work at all.  (luck of the draw)

9800se ----->9800np/9800pro  (I DON'T recommend this one...doesn't work very often.  Plus many 9800se's only have 128-bit memory, and it can't be opened up to 256)

Unless it, too, has the L-Shaped mem :)

it works if when you bought the card You got it with 256 bit mem

also the new riva tuner softmodd from 6800 to 6800 Gt works on Evga and MSI cards maybe others

The 9800SE - 9800 Pro mod will work about 50% of the time with the Powercolor "C3" cards, although it's still a stretch to get that one to work flawlessly. However the price/performance ratio is massive if you get one with an R360 core, and I've see some people get XT's out of $150 cards.

I was just wondering about this actually. I have a 9800 Pro with the R360 core and I was wondering whether it was actually worth flashing it to a 9800 xt bios.

I have heard differening opinions but according to here.. http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?locat...&var1=92&var2=0

it should improve 3dmark scores by about 300 points.

Anyone done it and does it make much difference?

from what i hear, the 9800Pro overclocked is better than the 9800XT stock speeds. but i mean go ahead and do it. What have you got to lose. also try to softmod it first and see if it works. i wouldnt risk craping up the card and having to wait for it to RMA

Well it wouldn't be much risk, as its only a bios flash and it can be flashed back if need be.. and my card easily runs 9800xt stock timings. I just wanted to know if anyone here had done it and if it really helped at all. If not I may just go ahead and do it and post my results up here.

I'm just a little scared of flashing a 9800pro with an XT bios because it's not the core that has problems with it. The memory voltage on the XT is higher and the timings are tighter (hence the ram cooling on the XT) and I know that a lot of Pro card's memory will burn out after a short while on an XT bios. Also, if you're going to flash a pro to an XT you CAN NOT use the stock cooling. Look at the XT's stock cooling and you'll see why, lol.