Strange New Oc'n Experience...

Err... is 1.825 too high of a vcore? Thats what im at right now. Not sure if its stable yet with this :lol:. Also, I can change the multiplier in the bios, but it doesnt change the multiplier when I look @ CPU-Z/ right click on my computer... eh. I guess that means its locked?

yes that means it is locked. BTW 1.825 vcore is fine if your getting low 40c at load.

Alrighties, thanks. If you havent already, look at the previous post to this one (on this page) :D.

/me feels a little better running a 1.825vcore

Err... Should I keep OC'n? Would it be safe increasing the Vcore even more?

You probably should stress test with Folding@home. It doesn't report errors, and when is does make errors, it can cause a WU to not finish properly, or just give the F@H people incorrect results. Use the Prime95 Torture test. Gets the system WAYYY hotter, and reports any errors. If Prime95 torture test doesn't pass, I don't consider it stable by any meaning of the word.

Alright; back to the bios!

EDIT: Nope, this is definately the wall at this point :lol:

you can try loosning those timings and change the ram divider to something like 5:4 and see if that gets you anywhere without uping the vcore.

Okay. I'll try that. First im stress testing the night with Prime95 (meh.. never used it but I just found out how easy it is to use.. last time I tried to use it, it was 4am and I couldnt even find it :lol:!)

EDIT: Also, would loosening all the timings up a notch work? IE 3-4-4-9?

EDITv2.0: Answer: No. Ehm... I'll try them at 2.5-4-4-9 some time... with 5:4 timings.

EDITv3.0: Had to lower the clock 2 mhz and put the 5:4 CPU:RAM thing on to run stable in prime95 for more than 5 minutes :lol:. I wonder how far I can get now...

EDITv4.0: Wewt, got it to 6 minutes before it errored! :lol:

Well; when I get a new CPU. I'll be diehard going 100% stable :lol:. Oh; just lapped my heatsink and put a new coat of AS5 on; I need to let the AS5 "settle" or whatever now.. grr.. 8 day wait :D.

The temps arent noticebly cooler; but I guess i'll wait until the AS5 is settled to log the temps :).