Buying Overclocked Memory

Recently I was browsing TigerDirect.com and I noticed that a lot of memory is labeled as Overclocking DDR. So I was just wondering if the memory is overclocked already or if it can be overclocked. I also wanted to know if I bought this memory would it be able to run in my comp. My mobo takes up to PC3200 and the memory is that as well. Here is the address of the memory and motherboard I would like to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Memory

Motherboard

Your memory speed will increase as you raise your front side bus. How much you overclock it will depend on which AMD chip you put in it. A 333Mhz fsb cpu will have an actual 166 front side bus, so you wouldn't be overclocking your memory until you pass 200Mhz front side bus.

If you put an XP3200+ in there with a 400Mhz fsb (actual speed 200Mhz), your memory and cpu would both be running at 200fsb; and any overclocking can start from there.

There are some first class Athlon overclockers here (I'm not one of them), so if you have more questions, keep askin'.

first off, i'd shy away from soyo. they have a very sporadic record, not only in

overclocking, but just in reliability. the kt600 chipset is okay, but it can't run with an

nforce II ultra 400--especially in oc'ing. i am running a dfi nfII lanparty ultra b, couldn't be happier. it is one impressive board, plus i have a wk 14 2500, so it's unlocked. i have run dozens of oc'ing combos. the dfi ultra infinity is pretty hot too, and under a hundred bucks.

i am running corsair twin x platinum 2-3-2-6. with those timings and stock voltage, i can run at a 220 fsb(10x multi). so, i am happy with it. ocz, and mushkin get rave reviews around here.

btw, almost all memory is overclockable, it's just by how much. ocz, and muskin oc

very well. corsair does well for me. and if you are going with an athlon, keep in

mind that the highest stock fsb is 400 mhz(200x2). and that's only on the 3200.

so, pc3200 (ddr400) is just hitting it's stride at a 400 mhz fsb.

Edited by upok

Man you guys are quick. Thanks a lot. I'm fairly new to overclocking in general. But I'm sure that the memory, CPU and mobo would work fine without overclocking. Or at least until I get to know overclocking a little better. I think I'm gonna go with Corsair XMS Extreme Memory PC3200 DDR 400MHz. I think I'm gonna go the 512 cause I'll match with another stick of the same. Anyways thanks guys for helping me out.