Heat Spreader Of Ramsinks?

Newport

Ok, i am about to buy some extra cooling products for my computer and i have a question about RAM cooling. I have Kingston HyperX PC-3700 512MB x2 sticks and as you all know they have the heat spreader on it... Would it be better if i tossed those and put RAM sinks on or what?... Also, i know they fit with the 9800 Pro but could i also put RAM Sinks on my 9700 Pro with a VGA Silencer on it?

Question 2... What are the good quality RAM Sinks out there? They cheap so i might as well go all out on them lol.

Heatspreaders/ramsinks for your system ram is completely pointless...they don't do anything at all. They only come on the ram for the looks. Adding ramsinks to your video card may help your memory OC a little, but probably not much. (maybe another 5mhz) I would put your money into something more worthwhile.

I agree, adding new ramsinks wont improve it at all. Also adding ramsinks to your vid card isnt worth it, because if u have to rma, you have to rip them off, clean it, etc. Good airflow in your case will do just as good as ramsinks.

I agree with the others. I made my RAMsinks just 'cause I wanted to try it; they work well, but they only give you a little bit of headroom. Any benefits I've gained are from the sinks together with a 120mm blowing on video card.

As for the heatspreaders, positioning a fan over the RAM, spreaders or no, would probably be more effective. Seems to me the cheap aluminum spreaders are the most worthless.

Yea... I would have argued the others BUT.

I purchased the ThermalTake ramspreaders w 30mm fan, and the thermalTake copper ramspreaders for the nvidea 4600, wow did it look cool.

But cool was not needed there, the vid card OCed so the same point as before. Ram, well I noticed no benefit, and the ram was same temp to the touch...

did I mention it looked cool! :D