Home To Pro

InvaderTrax

Alright, I'm getting ready to upgrade from XP Home to Pro. I want to upgrade, but not lose any of my files. Would just hitting "Upgrade" work? Also, is it worth the upgrade? (I've used both, and can't really tell a difference aside from the extra security)

the only difference I see is with pro you get Administrative Tools (which I have never used once) other then that totally the same.

Well not quite totally the same; for the most part visually they are the same but a couple things that Home lacks in features are....

- unable to connect to a domain

- not able to do remote desktop

- enhance security options for files and folders

Well not quite totally the same; for the most part visually they are the same but a couple things that Home lacks in features are....

- unable to connect to a domain

- not able to do remote desktop

- enhance security options for files and folders

You just have to manualy enable remote desktop which is a pain. You can't use roaming profiles either on home.

no diference petween home and xp at all, that's why xp costs 2x the amount of cash that home does, u won't notice that home doesn't support hyper threading and pretty munh sucks at everithing.

if u wanna change your windows its best to select the reinstall option do not upgrade why? windoes xp has a bug: if u upgrade although u keep your shortcuts windows will think that it's been installed multiple times (this==slowdown+stability problems) don't worry u won't lose any data u'll just need to reinstall all the drivers and remap shortcuts some programs might not work anymore (like ut2k4a and borland c++)

but that's pretty much it u won't lose any data

umm home does have admin tools.(i forget were u go to activate them) and iv seen major performace differeneces from home than pro., iv had both on this computer and home is way faster. I dont rly agree with the need for extra security but thats just me.

Edited by Fireonice