Isp Drops...

General912

Ok Roadrunner customer suport is absolutly worthless, they are a bunch of drones who only read from a help file. anyways im having problems with my isp i belive anyways droping out on me. One minute ill be doing my thing the next everything goes down. They keep telling me to disconect my router but i dont see why that would be the issue. Because all they have to do to tell if my service is running right is connect to the cable modem am i right? It could be very well my router. All i want to know is that my isp is running and is in perfect order. I will take care of the problems on my end myself. they dont seem to understeand it. I dont know what the problem is.

Ok Roadrunner customer suport is absolutly worthless, they are a bunch of drones who only read from a help file. anyways im having problems with my isp i belive anyways droping out on me. One minute ill be doing my thing the next everything goes down. They keep telling me to disconect my router but i dont see why that would be the issue. Because all they have to do to tell if my service is running right is connect to the cable modem am i right? It could be very well my router. All i want to know is that my isp is running and is in perfect order. I will take care of the problems on my end myself. they dont seem to understeand it. I dont know what the problem is.

same problem.. i have adelphia.. they wont do anything. .there convinsed my 150 dollar router is not wroking.. i bypassed it.. and it worked fine.. o well.. its only at night though

The only reason they bleme it on the router is becuase they dont officially support routers. So if you have anything hooked up to your network other than their speicfied supported items they will blame it on that item.

I suggest you buy a different router.

first off dont tell them you have a router and start off by asking them to ping your modem to make sure its not on thier end then if its not say ok it must be from my modem to me and try to figure it out by yourself or with help here

no its all wired.. Ill try that bishop.. But i think it might either be my computer or the router. im leaing more twards the router now becase everyone compter is droping. Could still verywell be the isp. but last time i droped i went and tryed connecting to the router and i couldent so who knows...

first off dont tell them you have a router and start off by asking them to ping your modem to make sure its not on thier end then if its not say ok it must be from my modem to me and try to figure it out by yourself or with help here

see.. now the problem is, they can tell if your hooked up to a router, because you must unroute so the can have direct access to your cable modem.. so they would know weather or not your on a router.. and second.. i think it is just degridation, old lines, ect.. this happins to me.. sometimes your NODE could be overloaded with people.. ect.. i doubt they will have a solution.. i would ask them for a new cable modem.. tell them that your cable mode is fried.. and bring it down to there local office for exchange.. trust me.. it wokrs ;)

ask the help desk people to ping?

they'll probably say they don't have any elastic bands lying around...

i have tiscali, and have had no problems, and they don't seem to want to charge me! :lol:

i have had a few problems with our phone line though, and this danged D-Link modem...