Ungratefull Bastard

RADEON

well i just biult my dad a comp for FREE i gave him an amd 2600 xp(it is unlocked by the way),ati 9600xt,dfi lanparty rev a,512 mb corsair xms pc-3200 mem. i got it all up and going after finding out the hdd was dead so got another one and got windows going all drivers loaded. it was working fine now after he sits down at it for 3 minutes and trying to dowload some crap it started randamly rebooting. i said youve done something to the windows files or some such thing and he keeps remarking on my crappy hardware i gave,saying it cant handle it and its all broken.

gggRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i give him a few hundred dollars of equipment for FREE put it all together get it all up and running for him and all he can say is its all crap.it makes me so mad.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel ya.....I give my dad heaps of stuff and i never get a "thanx". Im forever fixing his computer too, and he just goes right ahead and installs about 50 games (no joke) and fcuks it up again. I gave him a wireless Logi mouse and lately it stops responding in windows, naturally he just blames the mouse. It wouldnt possibly be the fact that all his HDD's are filled with crap and is slowing everything down!

Man, dads suck <_<

Also, i gave my sis my old machine. It was a 1ghz athlon, 768mb ram & Geforce MX 400. And she . cause she cant play the latest games. what the heck does she expect? So she just leaves it in a corner collecting dust now. I think ill reclaim it and use it for linux :ph34r:

Edited by HomerJaySimpson

Oh boy... Here we go... True story:

For my little brothers 13th birthday my dad decides to recruit my help in finding some hardware to build him a computer... $500, my hard drive, and a few hours later, I finish building the machine MYSELF while getting ready to plug it in when my father says NO! DON'T TOUCH IT!... I asked why and he quickly comes up to plug it in and press the power button to turn it on... The next day when my father gave my brother his comp, he said he was happy to have built it for him... what the heck?!

I didn't say anything but got upset and asked my father a few minutes later why he took all the credit when I built it... his response "It wasn't working until I plugged it in". Basically he wanted to share in the spotlight of being a Mr. Fix-It dad without doing the work... Sharing is one thing, stealing is another... :rolleyes:

Anyway, my family knows I'm the tech and I think they sensed that I built it... No biggie... :P

I was raised in a blue collar area growing up in Charlotte, NC (USA)....and my father ran a small sandblasting & paint company that did really well when I was little.......business fell off really bad in the mid to late 90's...and to this day he will not even sit down in front of a computer because he feels threatened by them.....I have a feeling that he believes they are taking peoples jobs..... At least your father gives them a chance. My father will not even look to see how you turn it on and off. <shrug>

Im forever fixing his computer too, and he just goes right ahead and installs about 50 games (no joke) and fcuks it up again.

You should be able to install 50 games if you want to :)

I gave him a wireless Logi mouse and lately it stops responding in windows, naturally he just blames the mouse. It wouldnt possibly be the fact that all his HDD's are filled with crap and is slowing everything down!

No, it's probably not :) Maybe the batteries need replacing/recharging or there's interference from another wireless device? Or a crap mousemat maybe?

Gave my parents my first build (1.33T-bird, 256MB PC2100,60gb they had an IBM 400mhz K6, 128mb PC100 8gb failing hd before it) anything goes wrong its my fault. My dad nearly broke my logitech wireless slamming on the desk because it wasn't working right. With all the effort he spent slamming it against the desk he could have replaced the batteries but that was just to hard.

Sounds like my mom and my sister. My mom, in this case, craping yells at me all the craping time when something goes wrong with the computer(Oh, I'M SORRY IF IE IS THE WORST crapING INTERNET BROWSER OUT THERE!), saying that it's her computer(well, it is, but for all the work I've done making it better...), etc. Yet, I'M the one who installed Ad-Aware 6.0, I'M the one who installed Spybot - S&D, and I'M the one who keeps it running smoothly! I'M the one who configured it to run with ClearType for the text, I'M the one who got rid of all the adware and spyware on this computer. I'M the one who got her Kodak EasyShare software working again for her.

And my sister...

My older brother built her a computer so she would stay off the family one. Sure, she stays off for a week or two, but then starts using the family one again because it's faster. WELL, HE BUILDS YOU A COMPUTER FOR NO GOD dang CHARGE, YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO BE A NASA SUPERCOMPUTER!? GOD!

/rant

Anyway, sorry to hear about your dad's ungratefulness. It's my mom that's ungrateful, here. My dad built me my own computer, and my brother takes it for his own, and feeds my mom tons of bull crap she dosn't even understand. You could tell her that there's an IRQ conflict and the CMOS needs clearing, and she would yell at you and tell her that if the computer's broken, you're the one buying a new one... since when is a motherboard a computer?

You should be able to install 50 games if you want to :)

No, it's probably not :) Maybe the batteries need replacing/recharging or there's interference from another wireless device? Or a crap mousemat maybe?

He already did replace the batteries. The computer hasnt been formatted in over a year, imagine how much crap is in the registry! :blink:

Installing 50+ games is just stupid. Install what you will play, thats what i say. It takes about 5 minutes to load windows and about another 5 minutes to get any progs to open :lol:

THOU SHALT NOT USE THE D-WORD!!! :ph34r:

**throws flaming garbage at p8baller07**

:P;) j/p bro

Markie it is possible his dad dropped the mouse or got a virus and corrupted the drivers or something... Techies CAN be right some of the time ya know ;)

Some of y'all sound ingrateful.. Your parents did give you LIFE and they pay for all of your essentials. Cut them some effing slack and be happy you aren't a 30-minute visit to an abortion clinic instead of the super-geek you think you are

Yeah, Im a parent..