Keyboard Repeat Delay Problem

TonyR

Hi is there anybody out there that can help me with an annoying problem with my direction keys?

this is the problem....

when playing first person shooter type games ie; Doom 3 etc when holding down the key to go forwards....you can move a few steps then you stop, you have to release the key and press again to get going again, same with left right and backward have tried setting other keys for movement but it is still the same. I

i have set the "Repeat Delay" to long and the "Repeat Rate" to fast, this has improved it slightly but not much.

this is on a laptop GERICOM with a 88 key keyboard

Intel P4 3.06ghz cpu

512 ram

64mb Nvidia graphics card

winows XP Pro with SP2 installed (the keyboard was just the same before i upgraded to SP2)

this problem is not just in games...almost all proggrames that you can scroll with but what's so dang annoying, :angry: if i use Windows ME...the keyboard works fine

any help would be much appreciated :D

• 1 month later...

yeah im having the same problem running in games and also in some programs. i just god a new wireless optical desktop setup from microsoft with the keyboard and mouse and now when i play counterstrike ill be walkin along and suddenly i stop and ill be strafing along and suddenly i stop. it seems after a few seconds of holding the key down it just stops registering and as the previous thread stated you have to keep pressing the key ever few seconds to keep moving. now if you were not an anal hardcore gamer you would not mind this but being myself i feel this is a major and annoying no no when it comes to first person shooters. when someones about to mow you down and you need to move, you dont need to have to press the key four times to get there...whats more important is that you cannot do this and be efficient in any game at all that requires reactions. if anyone knows how i might fix this problem or how anyone may fix this problem a reply would be useful, im sure many people getting these new wireless setups after upgrading from the older keyboards n mice might have the same issues. :withstupid: