Should The Politics Section Be Deleted?

Kamikaze_Badger

Should the Politics & Current Events section be deleted?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Politics & Current Events section be deleted?

• Yes, it should.
    • No, it shouldn't.
    • No opinion.

maybe they should stop people from making polls? no.? so why does it matter there is a Politics & Current Events section?i think maybe you are to young to under stand why they have this section or why people get into in the section, people have different views on everything, i have seen more polls post that waste more time and space then the Politics & Current Events sectione ever could,

Politics and Religion discussions tend to draw the adults away from the children (no matter the actual age) in a group, as it forces you to deal with other's points of view and defend your own. Having Mr A state an opinion, the Mr B state a different opinion can lead to fiery, though mature interactions that will let the "Lurkers" out there see two very different, though opposing viewpoints. Now if after Mr B makes his opposing view and Mr A simply comes back with "IDIOT! HATEMONGER! Blah blah blah" and can not back up his arguments logically the thread can degenerate quickly into an electronic version of 5 year olds yelling "Your a poo poo head!" on the playground.

I have participated in political, religious, and socio-economic debates in several forums from which I have learned a great deal, and have helped others learn much as well. My arguments by and large are well thought out and in my initial posting I strive to be as non inflammatory when staing my opinion. At times a spirited argument ensues that serves the greater good by giving the mass of non participants things to think about or research on their own which in itself is a great side effect, and of course at other times I am immediately called a KKK, Nazi, Hatemonger, Homophobe, etc ad nauseum by an immature peron(s) who have a chip on their shoulder simply because I do not share their ideology.

The potential benefits outweigh the cost in my opinion, strict moderation coupled with people showing maturity in the threads can bring about a highly beneficial forum where some real intellectual reasoning can be found and shared with others.

No.. basically. I haven't been active in there because its generally american politics and I can't be bothered to debate that. If you personally don't like it, just don't post in it.

Freedom of speech and all that....