New Card

Sainou-Kun

Ok Ok, Heres my deel. Ive had my good Old Geforce 4 Ti4600 Now for over 2 years, almost 3. It has served me well but Im looking onto better things. My budget doesnt allow for me to get a entirely new comp, so Im up gradein my Gfx Card. I Want to get eather a ATI 9800 AIW or an Nvidia 6800Gt. Is it true that the ATI AIW 9800 Pro is realllly buggy, and Im better off spendin my money on a 6800Gt? The thing Is I would reallly like tv on my comp, but its Not nessary... so what do you people think? EDIT:Just noticed my typo in the title, sry ^^ :bah:

I think he's talking about the tv-tuner functions associated with the AIW cards Shadow and I've heard similar things as well, I believe. I'd get the 6800gt and then, with maybe a little saving up you can get a nice tv-tuner card for ~50 bucks. A friend of mine has this one here and it works pretty well.

i had the albatron 4680 turbo - awesome card !!!!!! stay with the nvidia chips!!!

anytime you encorporate a tuner function on a graphix card the over all performance of the card gets dropped out a little wether its an ati card or an nvidia card - tho i havnt seen too many nvidia tuner cards

6800 gt is still not yet supporting directx 9.0c compatile

if i have the kind of money for 6800 gt, i would rather spend on x600 xt with pci express, that's a nice little boy for the money worth 6800 gt... i am a nvidia fan, but after purchasing x800 xt, i gotta say "wow"

at stock speed,

i run doom3 under 1600x1200 with all setting to highest

also run unreal tornament at the same setting with no glitches.

smooth little baby, and it works pretty quiet at stock heatsink...

hmmm does anyone know where i can get a walk through for video card clocking?

lol, dont compare the x600 to the 6800 gt, the x600 will get pwned. Plus, what is the point of getting an x600 with PCI-E? heck, there's not much point in getting a 6800UE or x800 XT PE in PCI-E format, they dont fully utilise the bandwidth offered. Il'l move to PCI-E next year, along side my next vid card upgrad, cos im betting next year we will see PCI-E actually being used (or at least the extra bandwidth being used)

dont get ANY All in wonder cards - ever - you suffer performance - your best bet would be to get the card that you want THEN get a PCI TV tuner card !!!!

by getting a graphix card with the tuner onboard you are sacrificing area on the pc board of the graphix thus shaving performance - dont beleive me - do some research anywhere you want - all in wonder cards are just htat - "wonder if they work better cards" - its for people that are looking for simplistic setup if you want the same exact "all in wonder perfromance" that ATI has but dont want to sacrifice performance - get the ATI's TV Wonder VE pci card - that way they are still compatable with eachother flawlessly - or else get something like Pinacles tv card - youll thank me later - keep your receipts - find out for yourself which is better - the all on one card or 2 separate cards

dont get ANY All in wonder cards - ever - you suffer performance - your best bet would be to get the card that you want THEN get a PCI TV tuner card !!!!

by getting a graphix card with the tuner onboard you are sacrificing area on the pc board of the graphix thus shaving performance - dont beleive me - do some research anywhere you want - all in wonder cards are just htat - "wonder if they work better cards" - its for people that are looking for simplistic setup if you want the same exact "all in wonder perfromance" that ATI has but dont want to sacrifice performance - get the ATI's TV Wonder VE pci card - that way they are still compatable with eachother flawlessly - or else get something like Pinacles tv card - youll thank me later - keep your receipts - find out for yourself which is better - the all on one card or 2 separate cards

I had a 9800 pro AIW , It preformaed the exact same as the 9800 pro