Boxed Oem P4 2.0a?

I just got a new CPU, and all the software I use to check it out, plus my invoice says it is OEM, yet it was boxed with heatsink and fan, and sealed by Intel. I thought only retail CPUs were boxed? Below is the info from the box:

Prod. Code: BX80532PC2000DSL68R

MM#: 845607

FPO/BATCH #: 7229A641T

VERSION#: A89130-005

Pack Date: 10/28/2003

From that, can anyone tell me if I have an OEM or Retail CPU? And if it isn't OEM, why does Aida32, Everest, SiSoft Sandra and the Intel Processor Frequency ID Utility say it is? CPUSpy says it's Code Name is Prestonia...

Thanks in advance for any help! :-)

Morpheus

***** Question answered by Intel -- they say it's a Retail Box CPU -- I'd still like to know why all the software I've used reports it as an OEM processor though***** :wacko:

Edited by Morpheus903

Probably a packaging error. If you ever have to rma, make sure that you tell them that it was retail for warrenty issues. Tigerdirect was getting annoyed at me, because I had to rma a oem chip, and they kept telling me the bundle I bought came with a retail chip (including hsf)..... Some people ;-) lol.

Yeah, I think you are right...a packaging error.  As for it showing as a Prestonia?  I know that's inaccurate.  It's definitly a 2.0A, not a Xeon.  Thanks for the replies everyone.  ;)

Morpheus903 may i recommend losing your avartar cuz The admins might get mad and well John Kerry is just plain bad

also Try Cpu-z for your specs , go to cpuid.com

Shadowfactor --

I have read the guidelines for the site's forums, and it doesn't mention anything about not using a political avatar. I was simply expressing my choice for president with my avatar. I presume that you are the one who is offended, not the admins...

However, rather than argue about it, I have changed my avatar.

Ya thats not fair to do a supposed admin's job Shadowfactor unless you are an admin. Thats like someone saying that AMD is just bad and your avatar should be changed so some person who votes Intel will not get offended. :P Good thing I am Canadian and could care less about the American politics.