Gigabyte K8ns Pro

Unexpectedly working with a different model motherboard here. Has anyone had any problems with this board. What bios works best for you and are you using SATA? Having a strange time here with this one. Wouldn't install XP Pro worth a crap....it got so far then gave me a driver error..... so I tried updating the BIOS to the F4 version. It boots to bios...everything is set...then she shuts down to the old black, blank screen.

This is a new one for me. Any replies appreciated.

Joe

Edit: nevermind problem solved (F2 Bios works) newest one is garbage

Gigabyte K8NS pro? I'm running a K8NSNXP, and I'm having no problems. What's the difference? I just looked, but I didn't see anything right off the bat. Then again, I'm really tired and about to go to bed. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a better idea.

some of the differences between the K8NS Pro & the K8NS NXP is bus speeds and the little extras you get with certain video cards. The GeForce 6800 GT (the one I am using with the K8NS Pro) when its plugged into the motherboard, the board chipset combined with the chipset on the video card are made to recognize each other. It gives you some extra speed and whatnot. Not a big deal but I like it. The other thing on the K8NS Pro is the bus speeds. Depending on configurations, you can get between a 1600Mhz and 2000Mhz bus speed out of this mother board (Only when using the AMD Athlon 64 3200+ or better). I personally have not tested it all out yet but will let you know what my findings are once I get it all checked out. The computer would be all up and running right this minute if it weren't for TigerDirect and UPS Screwing up. My new power supply was to arrive today along with 6 new case fans. The box arrived with only 3 fans in it, and one of those even was all smashed to crud. :( No power supply! :angry: Grrr... but Tigerdirect was cool and already shipped a new order out today with free overnight shipping. we'll see if this box shows up OK... :blink: