Memory Question For Server

OK ive decided that i am going to build a dual Athlon MP server and i am using this mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....ufactory=BROWSE

My question is that do you have to use ECC Reg. memory, and can i use my old PC3200 Corsair VS and just have it run at 266mhz or will i have to buy EEC Reg.

Also since I am building this server and have to get new memory I have decided to get some PC4000 and am thinking about this package:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-146-930&depa=0

edit: fixed the mem. link

Is this a good set of memory?

Thnks for you guys time.

Edited by XvMMMvX

No you don't need ECC (unlesss the mobo specifically says you do), but if the server is going to be doing anything really important you should probably get it. Check tyan's website and read the manual to be sure.

Also, why a dual MP? You could get a much faster dual opteron for not much more, unless you already have the Athlon MPs.

Can't comment on the PC4000, you lined to the motherboard twice.

Edited by oralpain

I can get two MPs off of ebay (1900+ or 2000+) for about 100 bones, and then get the mobo. The cheapest Opeteron is the model 146 and it is 161 and the mobo is like 250 dollars, that is too much more.

Edited by XvMMMvX

i would expect it to have to run ECC...just get some.

btw what's that link to the ram for anyways? if you are getting it for your own system, that ram is great. i can hit 265fsb 1:1 at 2.8v (default timings 3-4-4-8) and get about a memory score of 6.7gb/s in sandra. amazing. i have the Dual Channel PC4000 gold, but except i have 2x256.