Problem Deleting A Few Files.

sp00n

I have windowsXP home (I know, it sucks) and I have several folders in my Temporary internet files that refuse to delete. When I try and remove them it says "Cannot delete ANGELF~1: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name" . Im pretty sure this is a virus, but even if it isnt, I want it off my computer. The second file I cannot delete says "Access denied: Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and try again" The folder is empty and will not even let me open it (get the same message).

I tried deleting these files in safemode, got the same error message, respectivly. Is there any program or other way of deleting these without a reformat?

As far as i remember, there always will be some .dlls and such in your temp internet folder which you wont be able to delete. I suggest typing the filename into google and reading about it. You could always try deleting them with dos, but im sure there are some you cannot delete. ;)

Hmm, I have similar problems sometimes. I found that using Internet Explorers delete temporary internet files button thing in properties worked.

For other files and folder that have been magically undeletable I have shared my drive and managed to delete them from another computer.