Hmm, A Wooden Box Maybe?

Just popped into my head. Should be able to see it all alright.

woodenboxv1.jpg

The two circles at the top have 120mm fans under them and then attached to that is the dual heatercore I ordered which should be with me tomorrow (the big black thing).

The hole in the side with the two circles would be a hole in the wood with some acrylic there, and two holes in the acrylic.. for fans.... or just so the top fans have somewhere to get air from ... dunno yet.

Blue clearish thing is my res, behind one of the circles on the side is the pump, which would pump into the rad straight up and get water from the res straight infront of it.

The silvery bits all around would be kinda like hinges, but.... hinges that don't move :) I guess... just bent metal with lots of screw holes in to hold the wood together.

What do you think? Would it work? I think it looks lovely :D

Not for my computer case, just to hold my water cooling parts.

oops srry..mis understanding..but i guess it would work..i dont use watercooling so i wouldnt know of any "best" setups

That link has some very cool looking stuff on it :D

I just skimmed through the wooden case article on there, I don't think it said how he actually stuck it all together.. just wood glue? That's what I don't really know, how to stick it all together... which is why I had the metal hinge type thing all around but I quite liked the look of that ( in an image in my head :D )

Oh, wait a minute, just figured he actually built it around the case, so the proper case was sitting inside of it!

Why would wood have to conduct heat? Cept maybe from the radiator but that has fans on it to get the heat away :D

EDIT: OOOoooOOO I see what you mean about the top two now. Didn't realise they were wood from the little pictures! I don't have a router and various other strange power tools though so I doubt it's doing to end up anything like that! Just a plain old boring square box :)

Edited by markiemrboo

Yeah, a shuttle case hollowed out is probably the perfect size... but I can't find one of those dead cheap :P

I spoke to the father today and he said I should go for a steel box. Don't really know what'd be better! Wood would dampen noise and is easier(?) to cut... for me anyway but it'd have to be thick.. and steel....well I would need some kinda sound insulating foam all around but I guess I could somehow get it painted so it's nice and mirror like.. humm :)