• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#13 stitch_626

stitch_626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:17 PM

So far the only thing I've noticed is that Nero Burning ROM gives a message about it not being compatable with this version of Windows. I just ignore the message and it works just fine.

#14 Agallion

Agallion

ANBU

• SETI Member
  • 2931 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:20 PM

i dont deal with (this much) crap ill tolerate normal windows crap but this is insane until it gets fixed im not getting it

#15 DarkScorpion

DarkScorpion

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2014 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:07 PM

Ever since I installed SP2, I havent noticed a single problem yet :unsure:

#16 r_target

r_target

forgotten but not gone

• Folding Member
  • 5947 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:05 PM

If you guys haven't tried SP2, try it before you knock it..

:withstupid:
Core2 [email protected]|Abit IP35 Pro|Mushkin XP2 6400 2x1GB|EVGA 8800GTS Superclock|Douglas SBD-3 Posted Image

#17 The_Goonie

The_Goonie

80s kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1055 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:09 PM

tried it......screwed 6 of my systems up. This is not for Athlon 64 rigs I'm already concluding.
2010 Macbook Pro 17-inch unibody
Core i7

(My Final Rig)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus Extreme N7800GTX
74gb Raptor

Athlon 64 X2 4200 Manchester

#18 virus

virus

Been a long time.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

no problems for me yet. and that is hilarous that half of the things are microsost programs. :P

except I downloaded the newest version of style xp that is supposedly supposed to work with sp2 but ever since I cant get it to keep my Style when i reboot. so i have to put the style back on everytime i reboot. kinda annoying.. thats my only problem.

#19 the_condor_rules

the_condor_rules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:53 AM

you have to ask yourself is this good enough from microsoft? <_<

(btw it says that programs may act differently, not not work at all) ;)
i havent tried sp2 but i'm gunna fresh install xp today so i'll put it straight on and have a look

#20 asus

asus

There's no place like 1111111.0.0.1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3422 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:06 AM

microsoft shoud quickley offer patches or "hot-fixes" as they call them or re-emburse you for your lost money in good softwere.. but i doubt that will happen.. as usual, mirosoft will say, "sotwear co. you better make patches for your own software" as everyone moves to linux and microsoft crashes and burns.. :smack:
EVGA E758, Intel Core i7 Quad 2.66 @ 3.8Ghz, 12 Gb OCZ Platinum DDR3 RAM, 2 x 1Tb Hd, 30in Dell Screen /w BlueRay

#21 Overclocker16

Overclocker16

Space for rent...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2890 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:52 AM

It took me a couple days twiddling my thumbs to install it. But few of you guys going on about how it sucks, but have you tried it? If not stop believing all the stories you hear. Sure some if not all are true, but have you noticed it's mostly different on EVERY system?
"Why build one when you can build two at twice the cost?"
Infantryman are not an "Autonomous Mobile Biological Mine Clearing Device, Single Use"

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English thank a vet - Anonymous

#22 spathalogic

spathalogic

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:06 PM

I uninstalled SP2 the day I installed it. Everything was running alot slower than usual like strange FPS drops in games, but more importantly my DVD drive stopped functioning. After uninstalling SP2 everything ran alot smoother and the DVD drive works again (woohoo.)

The only thing I really liked was the Pop-up blocker, but that too was annoying and I have the google-toolbar for that :). Every time I tried to download anything it always gave me about 2-3 prompts on "HURR HURR R U SUREZ0RS?!" and sometimes it even refused to download things from fileplanet :P.

Ooo well.

:foldon:

#23 _Intense_

_Intense_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:10 PM

Oh no, not diskeeper.....My fav defragger :(

Mine still works. No problems at all. B)

#24 Reidhardt

Reidhardt

I enjoy Joy Division

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 09:18 PM

I was looking at the list today and it seems it's dramatically shrunk; with no real explanation that I can see. Or am I mistaken?
Posted Image