Have A Decision Need Help

So i order a Asus SK8V from newegg.com and i find out that they are not having the 940 socket processor anymore. The problem is newegg won't take it back its nonrefundable. And i also heard there was problems with the memory too. i should i do, so i keep this mb or should i sell it and get a 939 motherboard. If so what mb should i get and where is there is good place to sell this motherboard now that i have it.

Edited by traveaso23

thats what i am thinking of doing is just using 940 pin processor. I just heard that there is a problem with the memory. But i think i heard that the problem is you have to use Registered and ECC memory which is not a problem at all. And the other problem is if i wanted to upgrade to a higher processor i would have to buy the a 939 motherboard. oh well i will just keep it and use it.

buy an opteron. it'll work just as well as an FX chip and cost less if you go with the 1xx family. get the registered ECC ram and call it a day.

BTW the 940 opteron is NOT going to change anytime soon. and with the dual core ones coming... that is the #1 reason I'm NOT getting rid of my 940 stuff anytime soon... that and they oc better than the 939 and 754 chips.