Sign in to follow this  
wookie75

Amd, Howd I Go About Overclocking It?

Hi, ive got a amd xp 2600+, (i am unsure of what the core is, sorry)

ive never overclocked anything before and i was wondering how high the chip would go and how easy it is to do?

Ive also heard horror stories about people melting their cpus to the motherboard, and i was wondering if this was possible(not that id want to try), and does overclocking shorten the life of the chip itself?

if someone could help me with these questions i would be most gratefull.

mant thanks Wookie

Yeah.. the overclocking FAQ is the first place to go, but you weren't to know that eh...

There should be FAQ's up for most common problems soon hopefully, the mods appear to be trying to implement something like this at the moment.

So go read the FAQ and then come back with any other questions... ooh, and don't forget to use the forum search to see if any questions you may think of have been well answered already.

if you need any help be sure to tell us information on your CPU, Motherboard, and RAM. You sould be able to do a good overclock, my 3000+ goes to 2.3 with pc2700 ram.

evanin,

my 2800 barton goes to 2.4 stable with pc2100 ram lol. got some pc3200 ram, so I should hit 2.5 again. But if you want to know your core, download CpuZ, good program. Google it.