Is It Really Worth Upgradeing?

wookie75

Hi, im a bit new to this so bear with me please :)

ay the moment ive got a nvidia gforce 4 mmx 440 128mb agpx8 card and i was wondering whether or not it was worth upgradeing to something quicker?

the main problem i have is which card to choose? there are so many out there and im not sure wherether i will notice a diffrence in my graphical performance.

the spec for my machine is amd athlon xp 2600+, 512mg ram (pc3200), 120 gig hd with a cd burner. any help or direction would be most grateful.

many thanks Wookie

Hear me roar aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhh

you can get a 9800 pro for under $200 now, I wish it was that low when I built my computer...

I went from a gateway with onboard graphics to a 5600 ultra I noticed a big difference.

Almost anything on the market these days will perform better than an MX440, so yes, you'll notice a very sizeable increase in both visual quality and framerates. Right now the cards with the best bang for the buck are the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and the Nvidia GeForce 6800, Although even a 9600 XT would be light years ahead of the MX440. The 9700 Pro is also a good choice if you don't have the cash to get a 9800 Pro, and it's fun as hell to mod. :D

Mainly depends on how much your willing to spend. We can get more specific about recommendations if we know your budget.

As for the 9800Pro, that's around the $200 mark. If you can't spend that much or are willing to spend more, then we may recommend something different.