Dfi Northbridge Voltages & Mosfet Sinks

skibar350

The mobile I have has seen 2400mhz on an Asus A7n8x 2. D but would like to see 2600-2700 on a DFI, if I don't burn it.

I was wondering what NB voltage is default to start with on the DFI? Also what should I look for in raising the voltages on the NB? I understand the ram and cpu but haven't used NB voltages yet, and I'm not sure what kind of crap out to look for? :unsure:

I also was wondering if anyone has found a proven bios version or ubber bios that help in stablity?

One more question, I have covered all my chips on the board with sinks but only temp for now. I wanted to make sure they would fit in all the right places after it was together before using Arctic Alumina Thermal Adesive. But I found that the Mosfet around the AGP are to close to the card so I used the smaller chip sinks, and they don't cover all of the mosfet. I was wondering if it would be a better idea to just cut the mosfet size chip sinks and mount them, or if some one has found a better way to do those if it matters?

Links or anything at this point would be great! :P

i'm here to revive your poor, unanswered thread!!! :)

nto quite sure of default voltages...just set bios settings to default, and it should show up. also, maybe the lowest setting. does the NB have active cooling? if not, i wouldn't recommend on upping the vchip until then.

for the mosfet sinks....as long as it gets good coverage, and has good conduction...you'll be fine. but remember, the bigger the better.

I beleive NB is 1.5, but I have never needed to take it off of auto...as mentioned,,,

many people have found that raising it actually hurts performance

as for the BIOS....

too many variables..... the new 6/19 works very well for me, but seems different bios versions work better for different people...

get a Bios Saviour and start testing

and on the mosfet, I left my slightly off center... I think it is actually just barely touching my AGP card...

and here is a pic of a mosfet...ed mobo...

not mine, but a nice example with a touch of overkill!

dficool.jpg

i'm here to revive your poor, unanswered thread!!! :)

nto quite sure of default voltages...just set bios settings to default, and it should show up. also, maybe the lowest setting. does the NB have active cooling? if not, i wouldn't recommend on upping the vchip until then.

for the mosfet sinks....as long as it gets good coverage, and has good conduction...you'll be fine. but remember, the bigger the better.

Yes the Northbridge has active cooling. I'm using a MCX159-A cooler and Ceramique so I figured I should be fine with some extra voltage. I'm just not sure yet what is the best norm for raising voltages on the Northbridge. If auto works better I will give it a try.

The chip sinks around the agp are a pain because I'm running a Gainward 5950 and the heatsink on that things is big. I had to use some really small heat sinks on the mosfets around the agp until I can find a better fit. I was just wondering how much coverage you really need to worry about on the mosfets and any sugestions on moding for ovclocking. I live in the sticks so little bits help... :lol:

exeter_acres : where can you get a bios saviour? And the I just flashed it to the bios off of DFI's web site. I think their driver and bios support sucks!!!!!!! I couldn't find bios or driver revisions page and they didn't have enough thinks marked with release dates on their so called updates.. <_< Not happy with DFI support check me down one...! Nice board so far though!

New toys are fun until your wife asks why you need a new one!