Random Freezes...

p8baller07

Well ever since i took out my 9800pro to let my father borrow it, its bin freezing up randomly....peticluarly during planetside...

my it got to hot? my CPU temp has rose 2*c due to hoter weather...

specs

2600+ no oc

9800pro 128mb OCed

pc4000 512mb kingston hyper-x

530watt PSU

40gb WD 7200rpm hd

did you make sure you did all of the anti-static hoo hah?

and try knocking down the OC for a while.. if that fixes it ten yes it's getting to hot.

Did that...still freeze.. and it only freezes in Planetside... It did ONCE in PS7

but that was while i was doing the plantside update... I uninstalled PS and reinstalled and its still doing that...

think its the ram? I have an idea my ram divider is 5:4 so it runs @ 400mhz

ill drop it to a 4:4 see how that works

Think it could be the pc4000 ram conflicting?

Edit: Ok ive tryed everything... next resort is to format...

Sure it's not dying from overclocking? Send it back to ATI for a new one... :rolleyes:

get out of my thread, i need no such help from the likes of you.

Update: I had my Windows Task Manager open on my other monitor while i was playing PlanetSide It froze when Available Physical Mem droped to 6,611K

So i am guessing i have a memory leak or something it doesnt freeze unless PlanetSide is open or like PS7 & winamp & AIm or something like that...

i am gonna runn alota stuff now and see... think i should just format? BTW

New Cpu comes here tomorrow 2800+ :)

I raelly dont know the solution to that, maybe reinstall OS, but I want to see what you can do with that 2800+, Got mine to 2.5, down at 2.4 now bc ram is holding me back. Got some pc3200 coming soon ;-)

I raelly dont know the solution to that, maybe reinstall OS, but I want to see what you can do with that 2800+, Got mine to 2.5, down at 2.4 now bc ram is holding me back. Got some pc3200 coming soon ;-)

I dont no the meaning of ram holding me back lol..

Kingston Hyper-X pc4000 512mb

But i had my 2600+ @ 2.6ghz i bet i can get this 2800+ to at least 2.6-2.7 if its a good chip

hmmm....sounds like you've got a memory problem...if i were you, i'd try some replacement memory.

also...speed up your timings man! the amd xps like tight timings...and those are as slow as you can go! try them at 2.5-3-3-7

hmmm....sounds like you've got a memory problem...if i were you, i'd try some replacement memory.

also...speed up your timings man! the amd xps like tight timings...and those are as slow as you can go! try them at 2.5-3-3-7

Its possible, i mean the ram cant do anyhigher than that speed 443

I got randome freezes on my 9800 pro. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled an older version and it ran fine. Maybe cause you temporarily took it out, it messed up the configuration somehow. Did windows detect new hardware when you started up for the first time? :huh:

I got randome freezes on my 9800 pro. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled an older version and it ran fine. Maybe cause you temporarily took it out, it messed up the configuration somehow. Did windows detect new hardware when you started up for the first time? :huh:

I think it did...OMG dude i love you!

So you think if i formated it will work fine...

Its offical you are my hero!

Its offical you are my hero!

LOL, take it easy man....Just sharing my past bad experiences :)

Also, no need to format, just uninstall the drivers and use a tool to completely get rid of them. Then reinstall them and if it still freezes, format B)

Edited by HomerJaySimpson