120mm On My Hsf

Byron

Just recieved this fan maybe 40 minutes ago, I put a 92mm to 120mm fan adapter on my computer, So now i'm running a nice big 120mm fan in there. Havent gotten around to sleeving it ;-) I need to dremel the front of the fan a few mm bc the screws arent long enough to go though the fan and the adapter. So i'm letting the dremel recharge. Just thought I would post this up, because I havent seen many 120mm fans on a heatsink and fan. I think its pretty cool looking :P

I kept the fan speed at the same thing, lost 2C, and about 20db :P Now running it at full rpm, and I lost 4C over the 80mm fan at full rpm. I think this is a nice and nifty way to get rid of some of that excess sound hehe

I think the reason they dont put a 120mm on there is because of what your picture shows... The dead zone on a 120mm fan is ROUGHLY the same size as the processor.... so only the outsides of the HS and proc. are getting the proper airflow... What are your temps reading at?

and plus, half of the fan's blades are not even on top of teh HS... what you trying to cool the RAM as well?

Its a clear acrylic duct adapter. I tested it out b4 i put it on to see how much airflow was restricted. Not much at all. So all of the air is getting channeled into the hsf. :P

Pay UP!

If ya dont believe me, you can see hte silver screws going into the 92mm holes on the hsf.