My Bix Is Leaking :(

why is it leaking? did a tube puncture? Well, w/e, the double heater core is best if you have a multi-block set-up or intend on pumpin some major volts throught your CPU. Plus, you need a pretty powerful pump. Unless you plan on some crazy ocs, the single HC should be plenty good.

I'm not really sure. I just had a look and there was a big puddle underneath it. The res was on top so I thought maybe it was that, but I just been sitting here holding the res up with it all going and nothing was leaking, so when I went to screw the fan back on.... a big puddle appeared again. I guess one of the screws hit one of the pipes or something...? I don't trust it enough to run it anymore if it's doing that anyway!

Well, I have a Hydor L30 but I only have a single block on the CPU. I would need a couple of fan mounts though so the double is going to add up to about

Considering you're not dissipating more than 80 watts or so (approximately) into the radiator a single heater core will be fine. However, if you ever decide to take that 2400+ higher you may want to consider a double heater core, as the Tbred-B core produces alot of heat above 2.2-2.4 Ghz.

Thanks for the advice yet again everyone :) At stock it's supposedly 68 watts, and I run it at stock because it don't seem to overclock all that well.

On my BIX I was running like 10C above my room temp. Will a dual reduce this to practically nothing? Will a single be better even? I am going to nag mother to give me the

Well, the dual will only help you if you have an effecient block. The Maze 3 isn't exactly what I'd call "effecient", but it gets the job done well enough. A dual would probably only be usefull with a block upgrade and an increased overclock. Save the cash for a new video card.

BTW, the 68 watt estimate is for a 133x15 CPU, not a 166x12.5 cpu, so you will actually be running hotter than 68 watts. (but not much higher because you're running with the stock vcore)

Ah! So I won't see any kinda drop in temps even if I get the dual over the single? Will my Hydor L30 be enough to get through a dual too? I don't really want to be buying another block aswell, although I am sure when I have some money I probably would! :)

Not really worth getting a dual in my case then? I mean.. I have no space issues as it's external so if a dual will do me better in the longterm incase I decide to get another block and overclock some more, providing it doesn't blow up like my BIX, I will go for it :)

if your single radiator system is running temps around 80-100F i dont think running a dual radiator system is going to make your system "cooler" what it will do is cool it "faster" - unless you impliment cooled air into the radiator fans - the coolant isnt going to get colder than room temp