Do I Have Enough Fan In My Case?

vz2487

i just bought this case to build my new computer it came with a fan on the clear window. i'm planning to add another fan in the back. is this enough or do i need one in the front??

i have a case very similar to that and it doesnt have a place to put a fan in the front, and to put one there you will have to mod the case.

the easier mod would be to install a bloe hole fan on top of the case.

If you could, pls return that case and do a lil bit more research on cases here. That case is only ok if you don't plan on ocing anything, buto ne fan in back and putting no fan in front = super temp in that comp.

If you could, pls return that case and do a lil bit more research on cases here. That case is only ok if you don't plan on ocing anything, buto ne fan in back and putting no fan in front = super temp in that comp.

i have an antec lanboy case with only 1 fan in the back and no fan in the front and the temps on air cooling run around 129F load, 98F idle on a 2.6oc'd to 3.19 with an ambient room temp of around 80F

if you like the case - get it - then if you need more air flow mod it

I dont have any fans. but i think il lget some cuz the heat is unbareble. i'm gonna put 2 on the back and 2 on the front.

lookins at your case it seems that u can only fit 1 fan on the back and im guessing 2 in the front. but my guess is you need atleast 2 more fans. especcily if ur running air cooling.

Hippykiller commented on 08-15-2004 08:50 that:

As u can see i have installed my fan onto my window, thanks for the advice guys, now how dog i go bout cutting out my old fan grills at the back, with a jigsaw ?

(from your case profile)

use a dremel tool or even tin snips then dremel the burrs - make sure ALL of your hardware is OUT of the case before doing any dremel cutting or hacksaw cutting!!!!

its not about how many fans, its more about the temps.

Fans do play parts in cooling. Number of fans and where they are located results in good air flow in your case and speed of the air flow thus you get good temp. ;)

Do i have enough Fans? 1 fan 700 CFM Air Custom made Airbox, all you ladies can have fun with your water.

The flow of air in your case is very important.(Unless your like me where your case doesnt even need fans to blow out the air)

Another important factor with fans is noise, especially if your computer is located in a public domain in your house.

I suggest a Blow hole/rear case/front case fan, and if possible side case fan blowing in on the Graphics card/ CPU heat sink.

Number of fans and where they are located results in good air flow in your case and speed of the air flow thus you get good temp.

The above is true if your using less then 400cfm blowing in.

Edited by Newb_ocer