Worth Upgrading To A 9800pro

the new cs:s has me thinking. will it be worth upgrading from a 9600xt to a 9800pro ?

or is it a waste, all i want is smooth frames per secound, i dont care how it looks that much.

i have the exact same interests.. got a 9600xt and have been considering upgrading to a 9800 pro for a while.

never have though becuase i'm a CS junkie, don't get into much other games so for most stuff that isn't new software.. doom3 HL2.. UT2004 to an extent, the 9600xt does fine. it also overclocks extremely well if you have the cooling and run a volt mod.

but all in all, no i don't think from a performance standpoint the upgrade is worth it. the 9800pro would look alot better with double the rendering pipelines, but you should be fine.

I guess it would depend how demanding this new CS is going to be. 9600xt is good, I had one, but it was just barely cutting it for me though, the way I like to run my games. With a 9800Pro I don't have to think about fps when I'm playing a game, which is how it should be.

Maybe wait for some benches before you decide.

I agree with r_target on this one.

when i went up from a 9500 pro to a 9800 pro there was NO difference in the games I was playing. however in a few newer games there is a slight difference between the two cards.