Best Bang For My Buck?

DBZ

That is a surprise, I would thought the amd64 would get at least some vote. I was leaning toward the amd64 cause it will last me much longer then an xp-m would no? I don't want to upgrade at least another 4 maybe 5 years heh, I know I'm pushing it. Why are you guys leaning away from amd64? They are not ocing that well?

I woudl say the a64 but if you have the extra money , get a A64 Socket 939 3500+ and oc it ( if you get a CG stepping they OC LIKE GOld and most have the CG steping)

Also For the S939 3500+ the giga-byte K8NSNXP-939

IMveryHO I don't feel that the A64 platform is quite ready for prime time....

just about every pin config out is already outdated.... except the 939 but there really isn't an excellent chipset for that yet....

there seem to be many issues with nForce3 still.....

as for 64bits, I am waiting for nForce4 before I dive in......

the DFI and a mobile are just too much fun to pass up

and you could make it even cheaper by getting the Infinity over the Lanparty...

same PCB, just no UV bling and no Gigabit lan.....

Personally I don't clare bout the bling bling of the lanparty, what I'm concern with is some of the review I read on the Infinity is really hard to put on a big aftermarket heatsink which I plan to do.

well I am building one now with the Gigabyte K8NS Pro board and the AMD Athlon 60 3200+. went with the 3200 to cut a little cost out of it. Personal reasons for goin this way was the bus speeds. they are sick and wrong fast with this combo. one of the fastet I have personally seen working so... that and the gigabyte board with the GeForce 6800GT vid card are meant to go together. plug in the vid card and new things unlock due to the chipset and vid card combo.

I woudl say the a64 but if you have the extra money , get a A64 Socket 939 3500+ and oc it ( if you get a CG stepping they OC LIKE GOld and most have the CG steping)

Also For the S939 3500+ the giga-byte K8NSNXP-939

would you recommend that one over a A64 3400+ DTRWMobile (754)? It has 1MB L2 as opposed to the 512K for the 3500+, plus it's a mobile, so better cooling/power usage/OCing. But it's a 754 instead of the newer 939, but how much does the socket really matter?

Prices i've seen:

3400+ (754) = $286

3500+ (939) = $346

3400+ Mobile (754) = $449

that and the gigabyte board with the GeForce 6800GT vid card are meant to go together. plug in the vid card and new things unlock due to the chipset and vid card combo.

??? i'll be getting a 6800GT with whichever A64 i choose...i'd like to hear more about this gigabyte thing