Got Some New Ocz Pc-4000 Dual Channel

Having some problems....when i try to run them in dual channel my computer goes INSANELY slow!!!! Does anyone know why? I put one in the left green slot, and one in left purple slot, and it goes really slowww!!! when i put them in opposite, i.e. left/right, my computer's fine.

help? :unsure:

edit: just tried them in both of in the right slots instead of the left slots, and it's faster now: just benched them and i got 5089/5032 mb/s !!!!

Edited by airman

I have the same memory in my DFI Lanparty 875B. Everything worked without a hitch. However, I cannot keep stability at the rated timings at 250 FSB. Even with 2.9 Vdimm. I have hit 290 FSB with 2.9 Vdimm at 3-4-4-8. My 2.4C at 3.4 with 1.537V! Ran Prime95 for 4 hours without any errors. My Sandra mem scores were around 6300.

I'm not exactly sure what could be causing your computer to bog down with the new memory. It's blazing fast.

Try running only one stick at a time and see if your comp posts. You just may have received a bunk stick.

Edited by Rollnpnoy

Cool. I got a Gig of Dual Channel Gold last week. Right now mine's running 265 fsb 1:1. Lovin' the OCZ. Not even done OCing it yet. :) I got up to 257 on the stock timings at 2.8vDIMM, had to relax 'em to go higher.

If you have dual channel your ram slots should be color coded. If not you have to keep your stick in the same channel per say. (Look in owners manual) When in dual channel mode it usally sees bank 1 and 3 as channel 1, bank 2 and 4 as channel 2.

I have OCZ 4000 EL, although i've only got 2 stucks of 256mb. Im not all the impressed with it. I dont know if it's because i only have 512mb but it seems really slow. Im thinking of getting 2x512 and selling the current ones. But when im opening progs like Photoshop, it'll take forever to load. I think the last time i overclocked though, it benched the memory at over 6500.

Maybe im imagining things, but it seems slow to me :blink:

I have OCZ 4000 EL, although i've only got 2 stucks of 256mb. Im not all the impressed with it. I dont know if it's because i only have 512mb but it seems really slow. Im thinking of getting 2x512 and selling the current ones. But when im opening progs like Photoshop, it'll take forever to load. I think the last time i overclocked though, it benched the memory at over 6500.

Maybe im imagining things, but it seems slow to me :blink:

It could be because your fsb is only around 235. This stufff really gets going around 250+. At that lower fsb you could try to tighten the timings, but it might not work. Mine's at 270 fsb now, not bad for PC4000.

Maybe im imagining things, but it seems slow to me  :blink:

It could be because your fsb is only around 235. This stufff really gets going around 250+. At that lower fsb you could try to tighten the timings, but it might not work. Mine's at 270 fsb now, not bad for PC4000.

235 is about where i hit the wall. Any higher and i get bsod's and all sorts of lock ups. I am running a 2.8, so i dont really have a lot of headroom. dang, i knew i should have got a 2.4 :(:ph34r: