Doom3- Not Better Than Far Cry?!?!?!

Metalbones

wow i was being a complete nerd and then it came on the tv!!! G4techtv.com (the show) and they looked over doom3, they said it was awesome but not the very best as the rumers were, they said the only thing this game was lacking was something good old farcry had... the huge envirement!!! they said that more than half on the game was based in the hallways and the game was soo dark that u couldnt even see anything without ur falshlight and even though that makes the game scarier it also takes away the element on noticing the graphics all around u. and on the other hand gamespot finally reviewed the game and gave it a 8.5/10 when far cry got a 9.2/10. WOW and i saw posts on here that said that doom3 is way better with gameplay than far cry. WOW

plz post and tell me wat u think about this and if u havent bought it yet, r u still gonna buy it now??

well ive played both games at my local pc store they had far cry on their watercooled game pc they use to display the stuff they sell. well they had that on for like a few months since far cry came out. i played the game and i really enjoyed it. when doom3 came out they took far cry off and replaced it with doom3. after playing it for a while it really started making me mad. it was so dark that u couldnt tell whats going on. where everything is. is there something killing you from the shaddows or what? far cry is much nicer. much funner. adn u can see your enemies. not to mention the doom weapons were pathetic.

doom3 does have the gfx tho i cant debate that. but thats all it has going for it.

yeah thats true the graphics r way better than far cry but does it really matter when u cant even see them, the only times u can see them is where is light and i doubt it that i will be noticing good graphics when i try to point my flashlight at a some creepy lil moster that is biting my toes.

I liked Doom 3 more than I liked Far Cry. In my opinion Far Cry isn't everything that everyone makes it out to be. It's a dang interactive B movie, complete with a bunch of lackeys with head seeking bullets and blatant rip offs of Resident Evil's Hunter monsters.

Far Cry's enviroments maybe huge, too bad as soon as you stray too far off the main course magical bullets start shooting you out of no where. I remember whatshisface on the com saying something about radar and Helicopters, but I never saw one Helicopter when those magical bullets started flying.

Open environments isn't the thing to be judging Doom 3 on anyway. The hallways and rooms make it true to it's roots; besides, how much open space where you expecting in a station on Mars? The few outdoor environments make it pretty clear it's not healthy to be out there either, and that's true to life I'm sure, so don't touch that.

:withstupid: I agree the games are meant to be different, so why try to compare them. If you feel like playing in some wide open spaces, go play Far Cry then. If you want some fast close comabt action play some Doom 3. In no way is it possible to truely compare the two games. They were made for a certain reason, they were not meant to be a copy of one another. Both games are very excellent IMO. If I'm looking for stealth, thinking and problem solving, I'll turn to Farcry, however if I just want to blow things up and spray blood everywhere I'll play some Doom 3.

k wait first of all i just wanna say reidhradt that magical bullets thing is hillarious man lmao, and the reason i wanted to compare these 2 games is because most of us r fps lovers and before doom3 u know u loved farcry (well a lot of people did) and at that time we were all so exicited about the doom3 release but well since it came out all of us fps fans felt a lil disappointed and not that its a bad game but most of us fps players like games where u can see what ur shooting at or wats biting u and the reason i posted this (read the fisrt post) was becasue i thought no1 wll be disappointed with this game and when i heard people that were i was disappointed and so i posted this. i m selling my graphic card and upgrading to a whole new one (6800) practically for this game so i just wanted to know if its even worth doing all this and just to know wat u guys think about this.

and the reason i posted this (read the fisrt post) was becasue i thought no1 wll be disappointed with this game and when i heard people that were i was disappointed and so i posted this.

You can never make a game that won't dissapoint everyone, there will always be something that someone doesn't like about a game somewhere.

Maybe it was just too scary for some people and they couldn't handle it. <_<

no dude i meant disappointing most of the fps fans, i m comaparing to counter strike, almost every fps fan on earth loves that game and very few (not that i kno any) have disappointments with that game, and so its weird to have a game that anticipated to not go an amazing hit on the market and in the hearts of us hardcore fps fans :(