Aiw 9800 Pro-what Should I Do To It?

Iggy

Ok, now I know I'm addicted-I'm thinking of ideas for modding a card I don't even have in my system yet. :lol:

Well, in any case, I just bought an AIW 9800 Pro from Shadowfactor, and I'm planning to mod the hell out of it as soon as I get my grubby little hands on it. I'm definitely going to voltmod the GPU and RAM, and probably the VTT, VDDQ, and VREF if I can find mods for them, so cooling is going to be a serious issue. I'd like to see if I can hit 450/400 on this card when vmodded (stock 380/340). From what I've seen it's probably a safe bet for the core, but the memory is going to take a bit of work as its native speed is 350. Due to the space restrictions on the board I'm most likely going to be unable to mount a CPU heatsink on it as I had originally planned, and I'm currently looking for alternatives. I'm thinking along the lines of a VGA Silencer and OCZ ramsinks, but that seems somewhat...well, mainstream. Here are some screenshots of an identical board for reference:

front.jpg

front.jpg

Any thoughts? Thanks. :)

well it is R350 core you can tell by aux style plug and a modded 1U server style copper sink would probably work well see link http://www.svc.com/comacop4lofa.html it would need modded to fit and have the approrate holes drilled for the mounting pins also tweak monster ram sinks are even better than ocz ones split blade design give better are flow proters and they come prelapped and chromed see link http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ram-07.html

Yeah, I've got both a dremel and a drill. I've already mounted a CPU heatsink to my 9500, so the 1U hsf mod shouldn't be too difficult. Still, I don't know if I'd have enough space to even fit the 60mm fan without bumping into the tuner. :unsure: