Question About My System?

Monkey6915

Ok i havent been on here lately and i havent been into computers like i was before but now that i have my quad and im gonna have a car soon i dont really need to keep adding parts to my 4 wheeler. So i was wondering what mods or parts u think i should get for my Pc? I mainly wanna make the computer quiet for one. I wanna get my system back up to par for gaming. The xp2100+ is doing me ok but i was thinking about maybe getting the 2500+ i wanted a while back. Ill continue after i tell u what my computer is made of....

Xp2100+ (pally :( )

Biostar M7vip

512mb pc2100

Nvidia Fx5200 128 mb 8x (mobo only goes 4x)

WD 40gig 5200rpm

300w ps (generic)

Other then that i have a silver case with 4 uv fans and a nexus fan controller up front... a dual cold cathode but only 1 uv cathode plugged up........... I done the blowhole mod....... I have a crappy evercool heatsink :(

So do you think i should do? I cant even play diablo 3 it sucks so bad. I am thinking about going over to intel/ati..........

So my main question is..... What is the best air cooling unit out right now..... Should i stick with amd? Should i stick with nvidia? Should i get a new harddrive? Should i get a new mobo just to support 8x agp and better ram? I dunno what video cards are good anymore.

Hmm... I'd say a mobo upgrade is definitely in order to get you up to par for current gaming. Best air cooling unit would be the Thermalright SP-94 for Intel and SP-97 for AMD. Me, I'm an Intel fan and an ATI fan... I'd say go Intel, but I'm not really sure about that. And unless you have the cash to go for the NVidia 6800, go with ATI 9700 or 9800. Memory would also greatly improve your performance. With all that... a better PSU would be needed and then a hard drive... your looking at a whole new system, lol. Make it run good and fast before modding it... then make it look good.

Well i dont want something real heavy plus i want something quiet. I might go watercooling. I dont really need hi performance i just want something basic. I might actually go lower on the cpu and just focus on videocard,ram,harddrive.

Xp1700+ or Xp2000+ (Is it possible to find the dlt3c or w/e)?

Epox 8rda+

Crucial 512mb pc3200

ATi 9700

And maybe water cooling? I have a ac vent right next to my computer desk so i could use to that my avantage if i get a external setup.

Also i was considering on selling my machine maybe? How much could i get for it? This wont happen till i get a job but i was wondering. Right now its sweet and no problems it just needs to be formatted and maybe some internal cleaning.

Also what do you think i could get for my system right now? I would sell it to one of you guys for like.... 400? This isnt a right now thing but once i get a job and enough to build another system?

Edited by Monkey6915

Im not gonna be able to go with 64. Im still debating on building the new computer. I dont really need it but i wanna upgrade cause i cant even play doom 3. Im tired of this thing actually warming my room up. Its to dang loud. I wanna go with a plain looking computer but have all the goodies and stuff. I wanna cut my own window design and have molding around it instead of no molding. Also what is the stuff in the can that blows dust out of your computer and your fans and stuff? I wanna get some of that and make sure my computer is always clean and stuff. Also i wanna roomy but not big and heavy case. Im only gonna have 1 harddrive... and probably just a dvd player or something. This machine is gonna be strictly for gaming and surfing the web (and listening to music of course). So i was wondering what some good sites are? I normally do business with xoxide but oh well.....

I went to frozen cpu and this is the water cooling unit i want and that case looks sweet tooo. So if that gives you a idea of what im looking for then cool :) Im gonna go with switchs and stuff like that.

ex-wat-29_6.jpg

Anyway lol im kinda getting geeky about this computer thing again :P

So do you think that is a good water cooling unit or what or should i get something else? I dont want all kinds of tubes and wires in my comp i want it to look real basic and neat inside.

Edited by Monkey6915

What water cooling unit? You never left a name or link? :)

EDIT: Ahhh yes you did :) someone on this board has that.. silent and it seemed like good performance too!

Edited by markiemrboo

Well i dont want something real heavy plus i want something quiet.  I might go watercooling.  I dont really need hi performance i just want something basic.  I might actually go lower on the cpu and just focus on videocard,ram,harddrive.

Xp1700+ or Xp2000+  (Is it possible to find the dlt3c or w/e)?

Epox 8rda+

Crucial 512mb pc3200

ATi 9700

And maybe water cooling?  I have a ac vent right next to my computer desk so i could use to that my avantage if i get a external setup.

Also i was considering on selling my machine maybe?  How much could i get for it?  This wont happen till i get a job but i was wondering.  Right now its sweet and no problems it just needs to be formatted and maybe some internal cleaning.

Also what do you think i could get for my system right now?  I would sell it to one of you guys for like.... 400?  This isnt a right now thing but once i get a job and enough to build another system?

That set-up right there is going to be really good. IF you can find a 1700+ DLT3C, the water isnt really necessary, just get a SP-97 with a Panaflo 92mm fan. If you cant find the 1700, a mobile 2500+ or a regular 2500+ should be good with the cooling I suggested. The mobo you chose will OC really good too. Make sure you get the 8RDA3+ version, the latest one. The RAM seems pretty good, but you should try to get a better brand or ram with tight timings, unless that crucial can run CAS 2.5. The vid card: Make sure its a 9700PRO, get a VGA silencer and some RAM sinks, and OC the heck out of it :P With that set-up, all should be well. Just make sure you choose a good case with good airflow and be sure to choose a strong, brand name power supply (I suggest the Antec True power series or Enermax Noisetaker). For the case, I suggest the Antec (its antec, right?) LANboy, 1 120mm fan intake and 120mm fan exhaust. That should be really quiet.

Ok i decided im gonna go with the Shuttle "AN35N-Ultra". It is cheaper but im not gonna be overclocking. I havent decided which cpu i am gonna use? Either a 2400 or 2500........ Keep in mind i am mainly conserned about what will stay the coolest. This isnt a high performance machine its more of a stealthy game machine.

Amd 2500+

Shuttle An35N-Ultra

Kingstong Hyperx 512mb pc3200

Maxtor 60gb 7200rpm

*havent decided on the ps/videocard/case*