Is It Me?

KnuckleHead

Happens to me occassionly where I seem to get a run of Tinkers. I actually prefer that to all these low-point Gromacs that really kill my points/week.

I wish i got some Tinkers for a while. I been stuck with these crappy Gromacs that are taking 30+ minutes a step on my 3.0C... It took my 24 hour avg. from ~230 down to ~180 lol.

That is hurting Newport...But you probably got two instances going like me. Yes it's sloooowwwww! :ph34r:

Ummm......Running two instances of the same F@H client is bad news. It can corrupt the information or core. You should only need to run one instance of F@H. If you run more, then each F@H application needs to be in a different directory.

Edit: Gwah....Just noticed the 1 and 2 in the pic. God I am dumb :bah: Anywho, just run one F@H client. You are still going to get the same number of points as well as use the same amount of time. So why use two at once? It might even cause them to run slower!

I've been running two instances on my P4 HT machine for months with no corruption problems. As you said they must be installed in separate directories. With a hyper-threaded processor, each instance does run slower, but overall your output increases. In my case I measured about 25% more work done using two instances versus only a single instance. Mind you, this only applies to a HT processor.

What the fish said. An extra 25% on lets say 1000 points(for mathmaticians like me) theoretically = 250 bonus points per week with the HT machine. Multiply that by say 4 weeks in a month and cha-ching an extra 1,000 points..The key like you both mentioned is to have separate directories. :foldon::ph34r: