Sign in to follow this  
General

After A Few Hours Work (pics)

that sux that u hafta drain ur system - i drained mine today to fill it with distilled water from the fridge and to try a different color marker and well i found this lil painfull discovery:

epoxy doesnt like extreem temperature changes from room temp to real cold real fast...... as soon as i poured the water in i heard cracking and poping then all of a sudden water started dripping out the seams :( come to find out the epoxy didnt even bond to the plastic clipboard i made my tank out of - it just "stuck" to it - peeled right off :(

time to remod i guess

wow man that sucks. how big was the tank? and also what are ur temps like?

also thanks for the nice words omega :)

the UV light is Sun beam if thats what ur asking.

i have one on the left panel vertical and one on the bottom horrizontal

General Posted on Aug 15 2004, 12:55 AM

wow man that sucks. how big was the tank? and also what are ur temps like?

b4 i put the cold water in using water that had been in the system the lowest i got was around 91F and the highest it got was 111F

i never got to try and use refrigerated water in the whole system - the tank "exploded" at the sink - its a good thing i took it out to fill it up but my fridge is cold enough to make ice in milk so i spose i would have gotten temps around the 60-80's if i actually got the ice water in the system

the tank was 4.5x4.5x5.5 in inches - it was a nice sized tank held about a quart or so with the tank 3/4 way full and the system full

its too bad it didnt work. i was thinking about buyin a mini firdge and dumping my rad in there. the thing is 99 bucks and i could keep some coke or something in there.

anyway i just bought myself some waterwetter from this great H2O store i found here in calgary. the ppl are great. they found out i lived in calgary and they docked me 7 bucks offa shipping. i think im gonna drive down there to pick it up, but thats still dang nice of em.

I also picked up some ORage UV dye. if ur intrested i could grab some for u. its like 5 bucks cnd

thanx for the offer but im here in the southwest of the states - shipping would be more than its worth to me lol no biggy

im lookin into a 2 piece tank - tubbed out bottom with a lid its an office desk organizer for pens and whatnot - big enough to fit pump and enough water yet small enough to fit into my case - you would be supprized what u can make a tank out of LMAO

lol. just make sure you dont get the metal kind with holes in it. :lol:

im hoping for the stuff to get here tommorow. ill install it and post some pics