Sign in to follow this  
virus

How Fast Can They Go?

ummm. i may have misunderstood you but when u say a p4 with hyperthreading is a dual core cpu.... u mean "virtual dual core" right? the reason i ask is because the last i looked, true dual core cpu's arent even avalible to buy.

you also have to think of it this way,

if in one day this is possible, to relieve all electricle resistance out of computer parts, you are now with a computer with the speed of light....

many im sure will say this is impossible to do....but how can one say that? you dont know that, people said the world was flat, they were wrong, people said you couldnt fly, proved wrong again, people said you cant go faster than the speed of sound.......

so it is very ignorant to say that it is impossible for a computer to not be able to process at the speed of light.....

can it not be one day possible to break that speed barrier?

Breaking the light speed barrier isn't just something that we "think" is impossible. The laws of physics show us that as we approach the speed of light lenght increases and mass deceases(increases?) in proportion to speed - indefinatley. We would need to break the laws of physics to travel at light speed. Also the laws of physics state that energy cannot be either created of destroyed, only changed into other forms of energy, so to have a processor with 0% loss to heat and resistance would also require breaking the laws of physics. (electrons must move and when there is movement there is heat.)

Breaking the light speed barrier isn't just something that we "think" is impossible. The laws of physics show us that as we approach the speed of light lenght increases and mass deceases(increases?) in proportion to speed - indefinatley. We would need to break the laws of physics to travel at light speed. Also the laws of physics state that energy cannot be either created of destroyed, only changed into other forms of energy, so to have a processor with 0% loss to heat and resistance would also require breaking the laws of physics. (electrons must move and when there is movement there is heat.)

Psh... Who needs the laws of physics, I'm sure that can be disproved along with many other things... I'm sure it's all possible.

If I remember my high school science class, I think anything approaching the speed of light would conform to the properties of light itself (become light matter?)... I'd be satisfied if we could get things going at 299,792,457 meters per second :lol:

We already have perfect conductors, it's just horribly unpractical. The on Perfect conducter we currently have, is Mercury at Absolute Zero. It has Zero Electrical Resistance, therefor, it's lossless. We have, it already exists. So now, we just have to find one that'll do that at any temperature, is cheap, and pratical. If powerlines were lossless, electricity could be somewhat cheaper, depending on the price of these lossless power lines....

And the only reason teleportation is 'impossible', in the meaning of Star Trek style, is impossible, is due to the brain. We would need to find a way to reprogram all our memories,personality, everything. So, until then, teleporting Human Beings, is impossible.

about the speed of light:

it is said that heat is determined by molecular movement. the lowest temperature is absolute zero- when all molecular movement stops. the laws of physichs say that there is NO limit on how high tempeartures can get -> there is no limit on how fast molecules can go.

they also say there is an speed limit ~300.000 km/s.

these statements contradict each other.

how come?

i give u two options:

1. there is an absolute speed limit (please note than in the 19th century people thought that is was imposible to go fster than 100mph people used to think the same thing about the speed of sound). in order for this to be true we would have to accept that the laws of physics are flawwed in some areas and we can't say why heat is generated.

2.there is no absolute speed limit. the laws of physics are just wrong about this.

so u see anyway u put it the laws of physics are wrong.

the teleportation experiment is true but they didn't teleport a cube just one atom.

Edited by lt_navvara

some very interesting stuff here gonna take a while but im sure we will get there, sooner rather than later hopefully ;)