HomerJaySimpson

Which Motorcycle To Get?

Which one?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Yamaha YZF-R1
    • Suzuki GSX-R1000
    • Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

i own a hayabusa,gsx1000r and just put a down payment on a cbr-r 1000, if you have enver rode a bike dont look at any of the bikes you have listed, start off with like a gsx 600 or you will end up dead and that is no joke , i had a freind go out and try to act cool on a gsx 1000r and killed him self the 2nd day he had the bike , get a small bike and work up trust me

:withstupid: Exactly where I was going with my first post. I've seen too many school mates go out and buy the biggest baddest street bike they could and end up dead. For a first bike I wouldn't even get a street bike period, I would go for a cruiser but if you're set on a crotch rocket then get the bike dangerousfigure suggested.

Thats what i am gonna do. Im thinking of getting a CBR 125 then possibly the 600 and after the 2 year wait is up, then ill get one of the 3 listed. Unless something better comes out B)

Ok, well i just did my research and found out that i dont need to to any test or wait 2 years since im over 21. Apparently i can get any bike i want without any tests. What would you guys recommend for a newb? BTW, my bike at the min is pretty dinky and no gears. I can get it up to about 70mph though :)

Edited by HomerJaySimpson

Like dangerous figure said. Depending on your experience I would go with a 600 if you have your heart set on a sport bike. The newer 600's put out about a 100hp, but there light and easier to muscle around while you learn.

The Suzuki SV650S's are pretty nice and a great beginner bike and if you don't like the half fairing they come with, Sharkskinz makes a full sport fairing for them that looks sweet and only costs about $600. Also you can get a used one thats 2-3 years old for a really great price. Then when you get the experience plunk down the money for a Repli-Racer like the CBR-1000RR, Yamaha R1, etc.

I have ran across 5-6 people when I was looking for a 1000CC bike this summer ( I bought the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R) that were getting rid of 03 and 04 1000cc bikes they rode like 3 times becuase they were beginners and the bike's scared the crap outta them.

I want to ride my bicyle

i want to ride my bike.

i want to ride my bicycle!

i want to ride my

bicycle, bicycle!

I want to ride my bike!

i hate those kinda bikes anyway,they're sissy bikes.id rather have a harley too.

btw newport,that song is AWESOME!

Edited by XO3_ELITE

i hate those kinda bikes anyway,they're sissy bikes.id rather have a harley too.

btw newport,that song is AWESOME!

ur stupid

get a bimota 2wd - theyr'e crayzee

Guest FxXP

I'd have a hard time trying to decide between the Ducati 999R and the Honda CBR1000RR. Both are very nice and have excellent racing heritage to back them up.

You should be like me. I found a 71' kawasaki 125 on the side of the road with a free sign on it. Naturally it was siezed, so I fixed that (2"x2" and a hammer), also the slide in the carberator was stuck (That took me a good 10 hrs to get it unstuck and smooth moving), I have no throttle tube, the back brake pads fell apart inside the drum thing, its in about 100 rusty pieces righ now that I need to figure out where they go, and all the wireing is messed up to hell....well I guess that would be down

Righ now I am slowly trying to d-rust the parts before I put them back together. Also me and my friend put flames on the gastank and front fender. It looks awesome but its kinda retarded because its a dirtbike.... lol the flames are really good though, they are sparkly blue on a flat primer black. Well that dosent have anything to do with your post but I thought Id tell you guys. I might even post a pic, to bad I couldnt show you the algy and moss it had on it, I cleaned it up a lot since I got it. :D