Sign in to follow this  
hellagood

Bad Luck!

So, I've been building this comp since March right. I finally get the last ingredient, the Lanparty. I get it all put together, install win xp and do some benchmarks. It's benn running like 4 days straight, haven't turned it off at all. Thing is running awsome.

I wanted to position the fans a little differently to get some better flow, right. So, I turn it off and do my stuff, turn it back on, nothing. Please insert boot disk???????????? what the heck.

Take my side off, the raptor isn't moving at all. So, after months of anticipation, still can't get this fing thing off the ground. RMA!!!!!!

I did get to oc some, my moblie was at 11.5 x 200, @ 1.5 vcore!! Not too bad. Score of 42,791 on aquamark 3.

Well, I guess I can wait a few more fing weeks to get started again. Sorry, about the long post, just needed to vent a little!

Check your IDE cables.

raptors are sata not pata so he needs to check the sata cables and power cables :D

Make sure for the power on the Raptor you only use one of the power connetors. Either use the SATA or the Molex not both. If you did use both that could have killed it.

I used just one power cable. I've switched all the cables, i've tried power, molex and sata seperatley of course, switched sata cables. Can't feel the thing spinning. I try and enter raid utility @ post, nothing detected.

Thats odd as hell... Hard drives do tell you that there dieing with squeekiness or buzzing or any other wierd noise you can think of, and your just had a heart attack?