5.1 / 6.1

dling

how many of u are using either 5.1 or 6.1 spkr. systems.

and do u think they add to ur gaming experince ?

it seem to be the trend of the newer games

to support the higher spker numbers

I'm using Logitech Z640s, and they're wonderful when paired with my Audigy2 ZS. It's $50 that you won't regret spending, unless of course you want an ultimate sound system. Then you should look for the 680s, the Klipsch Promedias, or the Creative Gigaworks sets.

i doubt many people actually have 5.1 speaker systems set up in the right place at all for their computers... a lot of higher "numbers" than 5.1 are interpolated up from 5.1 anyway... even in cinemas with like 50 speakers...

Like many others I have the z640's and am very impressed. Coupled with an audigy 2 zs, I am very happy with the performance. Call of Duty in particular benifits alot from surround sound. Its nice to hear the explosions coming from where they belong. :)

does anyone know anything about these :Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 5200

wal-mart has them for 48.00 $ i could have them today.

Edit: i found what im looking @ newegg :Creative SBS560 5.1 Speakers

their very simular to what i have, i like having the volume control as well as fade and balance at my finger tips.

edit: brought the Creative SBS560 5.1 at wal-mart , it does not have fade and balance. :(

Edited by dling

• 2 weeks later...

i have a SB Audigy powering my Creative 6700 6.1 surrounds tremendous speakers for there price will never beat my home cinema system but still great, and i tried playing BF vietnam in stereo the other day and boy do u miss the extra channels, games will eventually all be realeased with a dolby digital, DTS sound track its the way to go...