Sign in to follow this  
OptikaliLLusion

God grrrrr Dfi

do you have both the cd rom and hdd on the same cable if so you need to set the jumper on your cd rom too slave it would cause boot failure because the hdd and cd rom will fight for the master postion

No. Just forget this topic. I'll make a new one if I have problems with my new HDD, which supposedly will get here on the 10th despite the fact that New Jersey is right next to Maryland, which is right next to Dulles, where a FedEx warehouse is

do you have both the cd rom and hdd on the same cable if so you need to set the jumper on your cd rom too slave it would cause boot failure because the hdd and cd rom will fight for the master postion

you can have a cdrom and hdd on the same ide cable. just set the jumpers on both drives to 'cable select'. then master and slave will be automatically configured based on which part of the cable was plugged into which drive. (you'll want the hard drive to be the primary master though, which means ataching the hdd to the end on the cable [master] as opposed to the middle termination part of the cable [slave])

did you ever try taking a jumper off the cd rom drive and using it to try the HD??? do you live anywear newhartford new york?? lol.. il come help you