What Type Of Pentium Processor?

3.2P4Man

I don't know anything about these Prescotts; or anything new CPU-wise at all actually :) About as far as I go is AMD have some 64bit chips floating about. All I ever ever hear about the Prescotts is they run stupidly hot.. so, is the average water cooling setup enough to keep them below 40C?

Edited by markiemrboo

I highly recommend a pentium 1 133 which if memory serves me correctly is pre mmx technology. This way you save the most money and are able to do the least amount of work although if your willing to wait a few days it will still load windows xp :rolleyes:

E-mail PCSupplySource.com and ask them for a SL6WK 3.0c with a pack date around march, 2004. They seem to be doing really well, and OC very well with good cooling.

Mine went up to 4.1GHz stable on air without any modifications. I had another that did 4.49GHz under my MachII with ease. I have since sold my chip and board to Mangar, so he's got the awesome 3.0c now.

Good Luck!

yeah Mangar..whatcha doin with that?

I don't think it's up and running yet. He was out of town for the weekend, so I don't think he's had anytime to work on it.

We'll all know when he gets it up and running :D

I just got my 3.0C up to 3.30, getting 34-35C idle and I figure I can push it higher, I want to try for 3.5 but I'm not sure if I can with this Spark 7+ (although it is cooling decently right now). Any ideas?

I am not sure how good of OCing the 3.4c is but I bought one for folding, its on a Stock Asus P4C800 Deluxe MB and the stock HSF, I ran it up to 3.85 on stock vcore raising it 5 at a time before it would not boot, then I set it back to stock and let it fold

:foldon: