CFM's

Guest PostalBoy

Guest PostalBoy

Ok, I am getting ready to put holes in my precious new case. The bigger the better, so I am going with 120mm fans, which I have more than enough room for. I want a cooling solution that is over kill (so that future upgrades will not cause heat problems). Typically, how my cubic feet of air do you people move through your cases in minute, and how well does this keep your temps down?

I plan on a water cooling system at a later date, but I will begin the project with a sink and a fan. Thanks for the info folks!

• 2 months later...

2 120mm fans are usually enough for about anything, considering most of them put out anywhere between 60-100CFM's+  So, 2 together will most definately be more than enough cooling if you put them in the right spots.

Happy MOdding

• 3 weeks later...

So if i put a 120mm fan on the top of my case (blow hole) and one the side infornt of CPU. then have my the 80mm blowing out on the back, the one 80mm on the front and the 1 80mm blowing in on the front at 7500RPM, i can push about 450CFM+.....that is over kill, but that is just because my water cooling doesn't seem to cut it, my 1.2 at over 1.5 seems to run at almost 20C